US Hello from Eastern, Oregon US

TamaraB

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I a 69 year-old widow living in a cowboy town. Haven't been able to find any vegans nearby.

Funny thing is, the few vegan products carried by the two grocery stores in town are constantly sold-out so someone is buying the products.
's
I keep busy by continually remodeling my home. Love my power tools. Have no idea what I am doing, and that is what
makes it fun.
Starved for vegan interaction.
Please be patient as I learn to post correctly.

TamaraB

I try to engage in local social groups but it's difficult. I have tried a variety of strategies when socialiving

TamaraB

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello lou!!
It's amazing how a distance of less than 300 miles can make a drastic difference in lifestyle. If I lived in Portland, Oregon, I would be up to my ears in fellow Vegans.

Were you living in a vegan friendly area, when you became vegan? I am thankful that I found veganism before I moved here 20 years ago.

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I became vegan in the SF Bay Area which is where I still live.

People tell me its a very vegan friendly area. But from the info I keep getting from other VFers, its not nearly as friendly as England.

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi TamaraB, and welcome to VV! You mentioned Portland, Oregon...I love that city. :)

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Greetings, Tamara! Welcome on board!

I think my dad had some relatives in Oregon somewhere.

TamaraB

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Thank you for the welcome Emma JC and VF. Emma, I hope you are right and I do find friends here, Its lonely in the Wild West.

Twenty years ago when I married and came here it was a working cattle ranch. I put a stop to that of course, in the process I leaned things about the beef industry that would scare any meat eater vegan in a heartbeat.

When my husband passed in2006, the locals started asking what I planed to do with my land. I tell them I am raising a large herd of magic unicorns that only those with true wisdom can see.

The locals have pretty much given up on me.
I have tried to work with the local animal shelter but it is hard to understand why they would have a Barbeque to raise money for the shelter.
Again, thank you for the welcome. I look forward to learning and sharing, TamaraB

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
North Eastern Oregon is kind of crazy. I read that they want to secede from Oregon and join Idaho.
The good people of Salem said, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

I never got any farther east than Lakeview and hwy 31.