Hello from a newbie

Mark A

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Just thought I’d say hello, I signed up a few days ago and had a look around first.

I’ve been unhappy with my diet for a long time and it was actually being a Lewis Hamilton fan and initially doubting he’d be able to sustain what he does without meat and fish etc, and then seeing how he thrived on becoming vegan that I started looking into it, then I watched the game changer movie and it was like revelation to me. I feel a bit like the short circuit robot now!

I’ve been plant based for 3 weeks now, except going for a family meal to a restaurant that had no vegan option, so 1 slip in that time.

I feel great, other than a few heartburn days, it’s amazing how even 3 weeks in how much ‘cleaner’ I feel, and it’s great to find a forum with so much info, the 1 slip has made me more determined and I’ll definitely research menus before eating out next time.

So hello :)

Hello Mark, and welcome to the group!

Over time, you will learn "hacks" that allow you to survive in restaurants with no official vegan options, be it checking the salad menu or asking the chef to "veganize" existing dishes.

Best regards,
Andy

Thank you, good advice, I actually did just that today :)

Hi Mark,

According to PETA, being vegan is not about purity. It is about taking the road to becoming a vegan. I doubt that vegan automobiles will ever exist. In addition, according to PETA, vegan newbies make lots of mistakes as they move towards the vegan ideal. I lost track of the number of mistakes that I have made so far. For example, I recently took my family to Burger King to buy impossible burgers. I forgot that Burger King still adds mayonnaise and cheese.