Hello from a Newbie

Papadave

Newcomer
Reaction score
Been a Vegan for 5 weeks. My wife and I jumped in full vegan from the start. I had to do something because of blood pressure and cholesterol levels. I'm 65 and had to get serious about my health.
We are loving this lifestyle. Don't miss the old ways of eating at all. Weight going down B/P is down. Won't know about blood work for a couple of months. My Dr. is watching with interest as to the effects of my new lifestyle on my health. Looking forward to this forum.
Dave

Congratulations to you both. I'm sixty and feel really well after 14 months of veganism. Get some good cookbooks and I absolutely recommend porridge for breakfast. :)

Thanks Sally, I love oats for breakfast. I have Forks over Knives and Engine 2 Diet cookbooks. Another great book I have is How Not To Die. We made it through Thanksgiving with some really good tasting recipes while the rest of our family ate conventional holiday food. Did not miss any of the food we used to eat. Feel very good about how this will affect our health.

Congratulations to you both. I'm sixty and feel really well after 14 months of veganism. Get some good cookbooks and I absolutely recommend porridge for breakfast. :)

I meant new to the forum, not new to veganism :) but thanks!