Hello, fellow veggienators C:

Nina

Ecopunk
Reaction score
Hi there! :wave:
I'm Nina, a vegetarian from the US. My interest are, music, art, animals, photography, marine biology, cat behavior study, books/reading, food, and a whole lot more! :p I'm currently a slave to my two pets, Wasabi, a full grown Syrian hamster, and Samwise, a crazy hyper Siamese/grey tabby kitten. I love them to the moon and back! Well, that's just a little bit about me, I'm very excited to be a part of this community. :hug:

-Nina :hh:

Welcome! I love the names of your pets. We have a 10 year old Calico by the name of Arwen (in my avatar)! And of course 15 year old Bud, :)

Reactions: Nina
Hello @Nina , welcome from my side as well!

Just out of curiosity, how to Wasabi and Samwise get along?

I have the experience of dogs and cats living peacefully together, but getting cats and animals of the rodent persuasion to live together and like each other (not in a culinary way) might be more challenging.

Hello @Nina , welcome from my side as well!

Just out of curiosity, how to Wasabi and Samwise get along?

I have the experience of dogs and cats living peacefully together, but getting cats and animals of the rodent persuasion to live together and like each other (not in a culinary way) might be more challenging.
Thanks! :)

I keep Wasabi in an enclosed bin cage in my room, to avoid them making any contact. However, there have been instances when Sam has gotten into my room and jumped on top of his cage. (There's mesh on the top of Wasabi's cage) Surprisingly, Wasabi wasn't in any stress, nor did he try to run and hide. And, Samwise was mostly curious and sat there watching him. :p

I keep Wasabi in an enclosed bin cage in my room, to avoid them making any contact.

Yes, that seems to be a sensible precaution.

I really love cats. However, as obligate carnivores, I do not consider them optimal animal companions.