QualityGains

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi fellow vegans. :)

I just joined today and would like to introduce myself. My name is Florian and I am:
  • Originally from beautiful Switzerland (currently Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) :)
  • 4+ years vegan (transitioned from a heavy meat eater (ethical reasons) + my grandparents were hunters, yep great circumstances)
  • avid weightlifter (7+ years last time I counted)
  • one of the first graduates of the eCornell course of plant-based nutrition
  • cert. online trainer and fitness coach (+ previous manager of 5 fitness centers with 10'000 members in CH)
  • founder and coach of QualityGains
  • fellow vegan youtuber (worked with Vegan Gains etc.)
So yeah, just thought I'd introduce myself for a second. I'm looking to integrate myself in this community and possibly help you guys out for free regarding fitness and health, if there's a chance to do so. :)

Thanks for what you do guys!

Best,
Florian

Welcome, Florian - we're happy to have you on board!

Sounds like you've already achieved a lot at a young age.

How is vegan life in Vietnam?

welcome Florian

Looking forward to your contributions to the forum.

Emma JC

Welcome, Florian - we're happy to have you on board!

Sounds like you've already achieved a lot at a young age.

How is vegan life in Vietnam?

Hi man, thanks so much. :)

Vegan life is not as good as I'd hoped it would be down here in Saigon. I'm staying at District 2, a rather rural area, and people rarely speak english. I ordered from a menu recently - what was written as 'Noodle Soup with Broccoli' turned out to be 'Chicken soup with cheese'. Weird.

To be safe I order foods from apps such as 'Grab' or cook for myself now. Planning to go back to Indonesia in the next weeks, vegan life is much easier there. :)

Reactions: KLS52
That's a cool picture Lou. Haha. :)

I really wanted a conductor on a train. Thinking of the vegan forum as a comfortable trip on rails (as opposed to macheting our way thru the wilderness). But alas, I could not find a Welcome Aboard graphic with a train. (not even in the rain). But a nautical theme is also pretty good. A sea voyage might even be a better analogy. just stay on course and you will reach the destination - and you can go at your own speed.

However, owls are not well known for their navigational ability at sea.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I really wanted a conductor on a train. Thinking of the vegan forum as a comfortable trip on rails (as opposed to macheting our way thru the wilderness). But alas, I could not find a Welcome Aboard graphic with a train. (not even in the rain). But a nautical theme is also pretty good. A sea voyage might even be a better analogy. just stay on course and you will reach the destination - and you can go at your own speed.

However, owls are not well known for their navigational ability at sea.

I like the sea analogy. :)

Reactions: FlandersOD and Lou
Hi fellow vegans. :)

I just joined today and would like to introduce myself. My name is Florian and I am:
  • Originally from beautiful Switzerland (currently Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) :)
  • 4+ years vegan (transitioned from a heavy meat eater (ethical reasons) + my grandparents were hunters, yep great circumstances)
  • avid weightlifter (7+ years last time I counted)
  • one of the first graduates of the eCornell course of plant-based nutrition
  • cert. online trainer and fitness coach (+ previous manager of 5 fitness centers with 10'000 members in CH)
  • founder and coach of QualityGains
  • fellow vegan youtuber (worked with Vegan Gains etc.)
So yeah, just thought I'd introduce myself for a second. I'm looking to integrate myself in this community and possibly help you guys out for free regarding fitness and health, if there's a chance to do so. :)

Thanks for what you do guys!

Best,
Florian
Dude I watch you on YouTube!

Reactions: Lou
*waves hello* 😁

Apparently there are no animated emoticons here. Something needs to be done about that, lol.