Hello Fellow Vegans

Kirly-Sue

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello

I just joined today and I am looking forward to joining in lots of conversations on vegan topics

Sending everyone a nice smiley face ✨

Hi Sue,

Have you been vegan for a long time ?

Gab

Hello Gab
I have been a vegan for 3 years - I was a vegetarian for 20+ years before

How about you ? :0)

My credentials are much less impressive - I have been vegan since March this year, before that, I was eating meat and eggs at every meal.

In the short time since March, I have been pretty dedicated and studied a lot on veganism. My personality is like that, once I decide to go on a path I try to learn everything that I can about it. With veganism, it is a bit silly to 'have to study it' because it is how we should be instinctively eating (if society and its flaws weren't in the way).

I like your approach , it is a very good way to know what your are doing and why

I think learning how to be a vegan is good as their are many thinks that are good to know when first becoming a vegan

I am a youtuber and I did I a vegan tips video
If you have a chance please have a look and tell me if it's informative enough all feed back is welcome Tips for vegan thanks

Hey, just saw the video: solid tips, well done.

Only one thing I could not get behind: the statement that sugar is bad for your health, I mean Dr Kempner treated patients for decades using rice, fruits and sugar for afflictions like diabetes, obesity, heart disease., hypertension.

"White sugar may be used as desired (ad libitum); on average a patient takes in about 100 grams daily (400 calories) but, if necessary (to maintain body weight), as much as 500 grams (2000 calories) daily has been used"

Quote from here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/2013/12/31/walter-kempner-md-founder-of-the-rice-diet/

I personally lost a lot of weight using sugar (occasionally as high as 8 teaspoons in a tea mug few times a day).

There are many videos about sugar
but there are different types of sugar
some are more harmful than others

Hi Kirly-Sue, welcome to the forum and well done for going vegetarian and then vegan. I hope it works out for you.