Hello Fellow Vegans

Kirly-Sue

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello

I just joined today and I am looking forward to joining in lots of conversations on vegan topics

Sending everyone a nice smiley face ✨

gab

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi Sue,

Have you been vegan for a long time ?

Gab

OP
OP
Kirly-Sue

Kirly-Sue

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello Gab
I have been a vegan for 3 years - I was a vegetarian for 20+ years before

How about you ? :0)

gab

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My credentials are much less impressive - I have been vegan since March this year, before that, I was eating meat and eggs at every meal.

In the short time since March, I have been pretty dedicated and studied a lot on veganism. My personality is like that, once I decide to go on a path I try to learn everything that I can about it. With veganism, it is a bit silly to 'have to study it' because it is how we should be instinctively eating (if society and its flaws weren't in the way).

OP
OP
Kirly-Sue

Kirly-Sue

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I like your approach , it is a very good way to know what your are doing and why

I think learning how to be a vegan is good as their are many thinks that are good to know when first becoming a vegan

I am a youtuber and I did I a vegan tips video
If you have a chance please have a look and tell me if it's informative enough all feed back is welcome Tips for vegan thanks

gab

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey, just saw the video: solid tips, well done.

Only one thing I could not get behind: the statement that sugar is bad for your health, I mean Dr Kempner treated patients for decades using rice, fruits and sugar for afflictions like diabetes, obesity, heart disease., hypertension.

"White sugar may be used as desired (ad libitum); on average a patient takes in about 100 grams daily (400 calories) but, if necessary (to maintain body weight), as much as 500 grams (2000 calories) daily has been used"

Quote from here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/2013/12/31/walter-kempner-md-founder-of-the-rice-diet/

I personally lost a lot of weight using sugar (occasionally as high as 8 teaspoons in a tea mug few times a day).

OP
OP
Kirly-Sue

Kirly-Sue

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
There are many videos about sugar
but there are different types of sugar
some are more harmful than others

Jamie in Chile

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi Kirly-Sue, welcome to the forum and well done for going vegetarian and then vegan. I hope it works out for you.