Hello everybody!

SlothBaban

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi there!

I'm Mike and I'm from the U.K.
I have been vegetarian for 2 years now and am exploring transitioning to Veganism, just need to figure out how!
It's great to have a forum and community to be a part of, I'm looking forward to learning and discovering all this community and Veganism has to offer :)

Thank you both for the welcome :) it may be best for me to post this in the transitions section, but as a veggie looking to move to veganism I’m interested to know how was your start/transition? :)

@SlothBaban

I started as a veggie too, but made the transition to vegan overnight, once I made up my mind that I could live without dairy. I can only speak for myself, but it was a lot easier than I expected.

I don't miss my old lifestyle in the least bit. Going vegan for me made a lot of sense for many reasons. It was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made.

That’s very similar to how I became a veggie, very much an overnight thing. Out of curiosity, have you found yourself reaping the health benefits of going vegan? Along with the positive impact it will have on the environment and of animals this is another motivator for me :)

The health benefits so far have been great, but I kinda stick to the whole foods plant-based philosophy. I do not use oil, salt, and limit my sugar to the odd tablespoon of maple syrup with my oatmeal. I will use agave in some recipes as well. I am very conscious about salt, oil, and sugar in my diet. In my humble opinion it is critical to reaping those benefits.

I will make the odd exception with oil, but only if a recipe absolutely requires it, and there's not many that do. Most things cooked in oil can be cooked an some alternative manner.