Hello everybody. New here

Catalin V. Manea

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello everybody. My name is Catalin "Cat" Manea and I am an alcoo.. sorry, wrong place .
I am from Lower Mainland, BC, Canada. I have been vegan for 4 years(may 2015), and I basically went from a meathead that was eating 3 lb of meat a day to vegan overnight because of animals so I am vegan for life. I have a Bachelor's in Phys Ed and a Holistic Nutrition Coaching Diploma and I am just starting my coaching business while working a full time job. I have been lifting since 1997, competed in bodybuilding and Muscle model in Romania and Canada and I am currently at 14% bodyfat, 245 lbs and 6'2" and I am really trying to eventually diet down and do a men's physique show since it has been 10 years I've been off stage.
I am here to help and also build my business but I always put helping others and my passion first just because I mave evetything I need in terms of posessions. However I want to grow and share because the more successfull I become, the more I can do for the vegan movement and THE ANIMALS.♥️

Reactions: TofuRobot
We all were (except for the rare few who have been vegan since birth). Welcome! I'd be curious if you have any specific tips for building muscle over 50 (aside from actually getting off one's arse and lifting the actual weights, lol ?).
I don't want to burst your bubble here but I think building muscle will always take some getting off your arse and doing some excercise. ;)
But don't worry, it's good for you and the longer you do it, the better it will feel and the more it'll become a habit.
Like when in my own situation, I come home from work by train, put on my running outfit and go out for a run. If I don't do it, I feel quite weird because I've been doing this for about 3 years. The only times I don't do it is during very heavy rainfall or ice because that's just dangerous.

We all were (except for the rare few who have been vegan since birth). Welcome! I'd be curious if you have any specific tips for building muscle over 50 (aside from actually getting off one's arse and lifting the actual weights, lol ?).
You can actually pay somebody to work out for you and they give you their results in exchange actually haha

Now seriously, If you set goals, put them in writing and trying to stick to them would be the best thing. Like Dr Greger said-the best exercise is the one you are actually doing. 2 sessions a week are better than nothing. But every type of exercise is super important especially as you get older- weights, cardio, flexibility. Food is more important than exercise but you gotta work out for sure. And once you see the RESULTS, you might be like-" ****, I love my new body, look at these 6 packs- and you might get stuck with the bug, you never know. Feel free to ask me questions or any help if you find the motivation to get started.