Hello and happy new year...!

kathcarrot

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi everyone,

Happy 2017.

I don't usually do the forum type thing but here I am so, hi *waves*.

Bit of background stuff....I haven't eaten meat in 15 years but I have occasionally slipped into paescaterianism (spelling apologies). I'd say about 10/11 years worth of that has been as a veggie, though. Not a healthy one I'm sad to say...oops.

I'm aware of all the ethics behind making the vegan transition (it's the milk in brew which I think I'd find the hardest habit to kick and the chocolate) but the main reason I'm considering the lifestyle, or incorporating more aspects of it into my life more and more, is my horrific periods of which nothing else has ever seemed to work. I must be doing something wrong to my body somewhere, something so natural shouldn't be so dilberating.

I'd never make changes over night, but I'd like to make small changes and see where it takes me, and I though here would be a good place to start, for ideas, encouragement and what not.

Sorry for the ramblings!

Peace!

Hello Kath and happy new year to you too!
Small manageable changes sound like a good idea, rather than trying a total change that you might struggle to keep up. I know what you mean about the chocolate too, though for me I never realised how much of it I ate until I stopped dairy products!
Good luck though I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas and encouragement on here