Hello Again

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I'm sure many of you need no introduction to me and my quite large personality ha ha;) but I wanted to start a thread to specifically update my situation.

I took a break from Vegan Forum, and also from all forms of activism for a few months. I went through some difficult mental health struggles at the beginning of the pandemic (combined with long-term emotional baggage from climate change/having a background in environmental science). I did not feel well enough to be speaking on anyone else's behalf or to be engaged in potential conflict.

In that space of time I've taken up a mindfulness practice and invested more energy in being creative or artistic, as well as spending time in nature. I had to deal with real-world conflicts within my own home because of roommates. I was sick for about two weeks with a hacking cough and self-isolated (though my test came back negative I suspect it was a false negative due to a mild case). I even worked part-time as an essential worker for about a month this summer.

It's been a good period of rest and growth for me, and I'm certainly not finished, but I felt like I'm interested in talking about veganism and animal rights again, and have met up via Zoom with vegan club locally even though I'm taking a year off from grad school.

Hope everyone here is doing well.