News Heatwave Could Break Records - July & August

I am going out tomorrow and it's supposed to be 38 in London and high risk of thunderstorms as well. Typical.

I am going out tomorrow and it's supposed to be 38 in London and high risk of thunderstorms as well. Typical.

Typical as you say. :rolleyes: It'll be hotter in London tomorrow with temps. around 39°C, compared to over, here as we're expecting 36°C.🥵

It was 35 °C when I visited Kent two years ago and I remember that it was unbearable. Moreover, it was impossible
to sleep during the night to the heat plus the sound of the seagulls. :D

Ouch!😬 12 yrs ago my ex-husband was on a tour in London (with the theatre orchestra), and it wasn't typical. It was summer, but it was windy and quite chilly,- he even had to wear a jacket for a couple days. Times have changed, and that's scary. Here (in the North-West) we have noticed the consequences of climate change too, but other regions of the country have been affected more. Floods, droughts, desertification, and melting of permafrost in Yakutia.😱

It was 38 earlier today and said it felt like 41! It's horrible. I'm waiting for the last minute to have a shower before I go out and I'm going out with wet hair to hope that can cool me down.

It was 38 earlier today and said it felt like 41! It's horrible. I'm waiting for the last minute to have a shower before I go out and I'm going out with wet hair to hope that can cool me down.

I totally agree.o_O It's been 37 °C today and I've just opened the blinds to get some fresh air. It's unbearable. 🥵

''The late summer sunshine, as a result of warm air being dragged up over the UK from France - comes at the end of what has been
a wet and chilly month so far.
Temperatures are expected to rise even further by Monday, possibly reaching a late August Bank Holiday record high of 33C.
This is most likely in the south-east of England, the Met Office said.''

Wow! My company had their picnic today in front of the building. they refuse to acknowledge between vegetarian and vegan foods, but there were Beyond Burgers. Same catering as last year when I told them they need to cook them more :rolleyes: , they were rare! Kinda funny when you have to take off a vegan burger and just eat the lettuce and tomato :rofl:. It wasn't all bad though...
Beyond Burgers have been everywhere lately o_O. I think I like the new version better than the first.

I've been eating like crap, but have managed to work out a bit more
''The late summer sunshine, as a result of warm air being dragged up over the UK from France - comes at the end of what has been
a wet and chilly month so far.
Temperatures are expected to rise even further by Monday, possibly reaching a late August Bank Holiday record high of 33C.
This is most likely in the south-east of England, the Met Office said.''

That’s some crazy stuff there!

It's 33 °C in London and 34°C over here. 🥵🥵

I can't wait to see the end of this heat as it's unbearable. Happily, it'll be 21°C in Brighton next week. 🌼

''It has been the hottest late August bank holiday weekend ever - with temperatures reaching 33.3C (91.94F) in
west London.
The Met Office confirmed the new record temperature, which was set at Heathrow.

It beats the previous record of 31.5C (88.7F), set in 2001 and again at Heathrow.''

I think I'm going to have to get some type of air conditioner if the summers are going to be this hot!

Reactions: KLS52