Have you made arrangements for your pets if something happens to you?

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I think about this way too often and I don't know what'll happen to them. I told a family member to come on here if something happens to me and ask for someone local to take them. :p

Do you have something already set-up for your pets?

Reactions: KLS52
No. :(

I've been thinking about it, too. There is nobody who can take my cats. And because they are senior cats, they may end up being euthanized if nobody wants them. :(

Excellent topic. I think about it a lot, especially since recently taking on the kittens. I have quite a few family members so I think my guys would be taken care of. Plus, being active with my local rescue group should help. There are a number of volunteers who foster so I would hope that, worst case scenario, they would end up there and not a shelter.

My dogs have to be returned to their original rescue centres if for any reason we can't take care of them.

My cats don't have any back up if both of us were to die at the same time, which I hope doesn't happen! I imagine my in-laws and my brother might split up the cats and each take a couple to take care of. If I died I think my husband would have to give up the dogs because of his job but he would be able to look after the cats.