Have you ever accidentally eaten meat or fish?

turtledove

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Once, a friend offered me a piece of pasta. She thought that it was quorn. I love quorn, so I took a piece of the pasta. While I was chewing the pasta, my friend exclaimed, 'Oh no, I think it's tuna!'. Yes. But it was too late. I'd already swallowed the pasta. I probably didn't eat very much pasta at all, but I felt horrible, and I went to the toilets and spent ages rinsing my mouth out. It was awful.

Have you ever accidentally eaten meat or fish?

Not yet.. but I don't expect to. I buy everything I eat myself. The only thing I've accidentally eaten is white sugar. Things happen.. we're still doing so much for the animals and our health and completely avoiding animal products is impossible.. they're everywhere. A little mishap is just that.. I do hope it never happens to me though. I feel so guilty even looking at it sometimes. Not that I want or crave it, I'm just super sensitive lol

I've had a few incidents where I have visited friends and they have cooked for me or their mum's have and they have used non-vegetarian ingredients. I once had soup and my friend while I was eating it when I asked how she made it talked about her chicken stock. It was a bit too late as I had the bowl of soup but then. Another friend I stayed at her parent's house and her mum had baked some scones which I ate. Again I asked for the recipe and I found it hard to swallow when she said she'd used lard.