WWW Has Anyone Used Intelius or Similar Pay-for-Info Services?

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I was looking at my "call history" on my cellphone account. Apparently someone called me from (615) 736-6900. I tried to do a "reverse lookup" on www.anywho.com -- the ATT site. It came back with "no information" -- possibly because the number is a cell phone. BUT the site is sponsored by Intelius. And Intelius does have information about this number. But to access this info, it will cost you/me $1.95, or some such.

Apparently, Intelius does things like look up the customer database of a utility, like the Nashville Electric Service (which is actually run by the Metro Government). Apparently, things like the customer's name, address and phone number are public information under the public records/freedom-of-information type laws.

I was wondering whether anyone has used such services. If so, was the information you got accurate?

Last edited:
Ok, I am embarrassed to say this, but the example I gave in the message above was wrong. The "call history" shows numbers that were either called from my phone or which called my phone. Which it was is not indicated in the listing. I did not recognize the number offhand. But I called that number. It is the number of the Nashville Electric Service. I found this out by using an alternative look-up service, www.411.com

The question I attempted to ask is still valid, though. I have other numbers for which I would like to have a mailing address as well. Are pay-for-info services like Intelius worth using? Do they provide accurate information?