Has anyone tried KFC's vegan beyond chicken?

Do you like KFC's new vegan chicken

• Loved it

• Meh, alright, but wouldn't eat it again

• All I have is regrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
KFC without chicken is really new to try. I never think about this type as I actually like to eat KFC with chicken.
A vegan KFC is new.

It's not widely available yet. Here in the USA it was just tested in one city. And just for a very short period. The test was a success, in that they ran out. so I expect it to become more widely available. That is what happened with the Impossible Whopper. But it will be a while. It takes a while for these things to ramp up. But there is also a chance we never see it. Depends a lot on what the corporate decides is best.

I think I recall reading about it also being tested in the UK or France or something. but I may be thinking of something else.

Not available here, same with the impossible burger at BK, heck, I went shopping recently and couldn't find anything... I was SO hungry that I settled for fries at MCD lol (I heard they use animal products for flavouring, but not in my country, unless they lie about it) it felt weird af, being a vegan in MCD, but I started to get dizzy and it was the closest... I barely go out but that's a lesson I learned: always bring something to eat, just in case (doesn't even have to be a whole lunch, just some snacks, and if I do find a decent vegan lunch, I can keep my snacks for another time)

Reactions: Emma JC
It's a great plan to always have snacks with you and the other thing I do is research, ahead of time, what places do have vegan options in case I get hungry. I now know a number of places, in different areas of my city, that have amazing vegan options. Found out two new fast food options from watching Cheap Lazy Vegan on YouTube. Panago and Quesada are Canadian options that have recently started carrying great meals so they are now on the radar. Home is still the best place to eat, imho.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Look out USA - here it comes....

Emma JC

Old News.
That was a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how long the test was supposed to last (it was just one store in Atlanta), but they sold out in one day. I guess that was a success. but no word on whether the coporate honchos will go with a bigger rollout.

Not available here, same with the impossible burger at BK, heck, I went shopping recently and couldn't find anything... I was SO hungry that I settled for fries at MCD lol (I heard they use animal products for flavouring, but not in my country, unless they lie about it) it felt weird af, being a vegan in MCD, but I started to get dizzy and it was the closest... I barely go out but that's a lesson I learned: always bring something to eat, just in case (doesn't even have to be a whole lunch, just some snacks, and if I do find a decent vegan lunch, I can keep my snacks for another time)

It is a weird, uncomfortable feelings isn't it? A few months ago I went to McD's for my nephew, who'd asked for a Happy Meal (he's a typical 13 year old in an omnivorous family) and it felt wrong for me to be waiting in line for his order.

I just reminded myself that it was for my nephew and got out of there at the earliest possible opportunity. :joy: :joy:

As for the OP, I've never stepped foot inside KFC since going vegetarian, and, although it used to be my favourite takeaway before going vegetarian, I can't bring myself to go now - not even for meat-free chicken.