shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
It is a Public holiday overhere so it is a day off for me :

mayday_1819459c.jpg

Overhere it is one of the 3 days (1st Jan, Christmas day, 1st May) where everything is closed, even shops and rubbish is not collected.
It's raining so there is nothing much on my agenda except for some chores !:p

Reactions: thefadedone
Happy Beltane!

I wish I was in Edinburgh :cry:

Anyway, the first Monday in May is a bank holiday, not the 1st May...

Which is more logical ; a 3 day holiday and not one in the middle of the week like overhere.:oops:
Sadly, in the US, if you celebrate May 1st as a worker's holiday, you're considered both a slacker (and possibly fired from your job) and a Communist. That's why we have our Labor Day in September.

But Happy Labour Day anyway!

And International Worker's Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Internationale

I must have got confused with your Labour day and Worker's Day - sorry. :fp:

And even sadder, our Labor Day in September is supposed to be a day to honor working people. But most Americans don't care about that. They just see it as a paid day off and an excuse to have BBQ's and go to the beach. :sigh:

Also, a beautiful song ('Workers of the World Unite!') by The Last Internationale can be heard exclusively here.
New York's counterculture spirit lives on in the Last Internationale, a group of impassioned folk-rockers, and the new video for their fiery protest song "Workers of the World Unite!" In it, the band plays through the stripped-down track in an isolated shack, and images of hard-working farmers filter throughout the video (which you can watch here exclusively).