Happy Anniversary, Veggie Views!

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
So Veggie Views' first anniversary is coming up. Not sure of the exact date, but I know it's soon. :)

Let's have a party! :D (I'll bring the vegan cookies.)

I noticed something disturbing today. When I google-searched for both "vegetarian message boards" and "vegan message boards", VV did not come up at all for either. Or at least for the first 4 pages, and who's going to keep clicking onto the next page when there are plenty of other sites coming up on the first 4 pages? Especially the board-that-shall-not-be-named. :eek: There were multiple listings for that one.

What can we do to get VV to come up on the first page in a Google search? :confused:

I honestly like VV. I like VV better than "the other board". Happy first anniversary, Veggie Views!

No way! That's gone extremely quickly. Time flies when you're having fun. ;)

It seems to be a bit slow on here lately though...has anyone else thought this or am I just losing interest?

I've noticed it's a bit slower. Some early members have left or are on hiatus or something. When he started the board last year, IS asked for "more minions". :p He definitely needs more minions. What can we do to bring more minions to the board? ;)

1-year-anniversary.jpg

Reactions: Amy SF and ledboots
Thanks everyone! Yes, the anniversary is coming up. My own registration date as a member is 26 April, but I didnt really invite anyone else to sign up until May. So I think 1 May could be our anniversary date.

For the last week or so the number of posts has been lower than usual. I suspect a few of the super-posters are on hiatus. Envy has been missing for 2 weeks, for example.
VV comes up on the first page if you search for "vegetarian forum" instead of "vegetarian message board."
Yes, it's been optimized for "forum" rather than "message board".

Thanks everyone! Yes, the anniversary is coming up. My own registration date as a member is 26 April, but I didnt really invite anyone else to sign up until May. So I think 1 May could be our anniversary date.

For the last week or so the number of posts has been lower than usual. I suspect a few of the super-posters are on hiatus. Envy has been missing for 2 weeks, for example.

Yes, it's been optimized for "forum" rather than "message board".

Oh.

Well, not to be a sourpuss about it, but I do think there may be some people searching for "message board" instead of "forum". *thinks* Let's hope more people search for "forum" if that's the case.

Wow I can't believe it's been almost a year either. Again thank you IS for making this place and inviting us to join you. Hopefully traffic here will start to pick back up soon. Overall I think other social media outlets like Twitter and FB are kind of killing the popularity of all message boards. :(

Oh.

Well, not to be a sourpuss about it, but I do think there may be some people searching for "message board" instead of "forum". *thinks* Let's hope more people search for "forum" if that's the case.
Definitely, but I think my reasoning at the time was that "forum" would be used more. But I could be wrong! I think what I did was to Google each and compare the number of hits.
Wow I can't believe it's been almost a year either. Again thank you IS for making this place and inviting us to join you. Hopefully traffic here will start to pick back up soon. Overall I think other social media outlets like Twitter and FB are kind of killing the popularity of all message boards. :(
Yes ... one of the advantages of Internet forums over FB and G+ is that you can easily be anonymous. I think the general public will become increasingly concerned about their privacy as the above mentioned companies invent more and more ways to sell their data.

It turns out I could be wrong about our anniversary date! It seems this is the first post by someone other than myself, so if we go by that the anniversary date is 6th of May. Maybe we should have a poll about which day to use :p

I'd like to pick the 6th of May because it's also my nephew's birthday. :p (That makes it easy for me to remember!)

May 6th! This way we can have a proper anniversary celebration. Although I have no idea what would consist of a proper celebration. :iiam: