Hand embroidery.....

I love the dragonfly! Dinosaur is pretty cool, too!

I love to hand embroider! I don't do it as much as I would like as I don't have a place for all the pieces I make. I did a lovely green man (man with face made of leaves) for my mum last christmas and I did a wedding gift of a cow in a lotus flower for Lord Snot. I have decided to do the vegan sunflower logo to hang in my kitchen.

Your stuff looks great! Do you ever frame yours? What do you do with the extra fabric round the back?

I love to hand embroider! I don't do it as much as I would like as I don't have a place for all the pieces I make. I did a lovely green man (man with face made of leaves) for my mum last christmas and I did a wedding gift of a cow in a lotus flower for Lord Snot. I have decided to do the vegan sunflower logo to hang in my kitchen.

Your stuff looks great! Do you ever frame yours? What do you do with the extra fabric round the back?
Hi

Hi. Wow! The things you have made sound lovely.

I have the blowfish framed in our bathroom, and the monster on the tropical fabric framed and it hangs in the boys bathroom. I trim the fabric around the back and tape to some sturdy cardboard to hold it in place, then just put the glass on top and frame it.

I am going to check out your blog. Thanks.

So to meet another embroidery.

Do you trim it close? All the backs of mine look like a train wreck covered in tape--maybe i am leaving too much overlap fabric. This could have something to do with me using 3 kinds of duck tape as each roll kept running out...but the fronts look awesome. I have a lovely little habedashery shop in the market run by this super friendly couple who save bits and bobs of scraps for me as I can always find a use for stuff. Planning to start on my embroidery today!

Saw you checked out the blog--thanks for the comment and for looking! I should be posting some DIY crafty stuff on it soon--we'be been making loads of stuff recently.

I used to embroider a lot, but haven't for decades, since graduate school. And now, it would be too much of a strain for my eyes, which is why I knit instead.

Spidergrrl, I took a quick look at your blog, and will read more later. You seem like a very interesting person.

MLP thanks for looking in on the blog.

I made the pattern for the vegan logo--if it is sunny enough I'll hold it up to the window and trace it onto the fabric today. Must get some more embroidery thread at the market tomorrow.

Momma's horsey.jpg This is my favorite piece of embroidery that I've made. I made it on vacation, and got the picture out of one of those in-flight magazines. Apparently it's from a plate that's in the Chicago natural history (I think) museum.

My momma really liked it. :)

View attachment 488 This is my favorite piece of embroidery that I've made. I made it on vacation, and got the picture out of one of those in-flight magazines. Apparently it's from a plate that's in the Chicago natural history (I think) museum.

My momma really liked it. :)

I love that!!!

I also really like how it's displayed.

Wow kazyeeqen, I can't do that kind of fill in work. Beautiful!

I love to embroidered but even with glasses I can't do it as well since I'm over 50 now. I need new glasses and I may even revert to a magnifier if I have to. Have you searched Flickr for patterns? The "hoop love vintage transfers" group is amazing. Many many free vintage patterns.

Thanks for all the niceness folks. :)

Wanna see more? :weird:

I was doing embroidered paper cards for people a little while ago. That was easy, I prepunched the holes against cardboard or something to keep the paper from dimpling:
IMG_1243.JPG

And here's a crossstitch I made for my daddy. He's kind of a cowboy and a romantic, but I don't know if he really got it. I liked the simplicity.
IMG_1008.JPG

Wow kazyeeqen, I can't do that kind of fill in work. Beautiful!

I love to embroidered but even with glasses I can't do it as well since I'm over 50 now. I need new glasses and I may even revert to a magnifier if I have to. Have you searched Flickr for patterns? The "hoop love vintage transfers" group is amazing. Many many free vintage patterns.

Free vintage patterns you say! :eek:

I've searched far and wide for appropriate vintage coloring books and images to embroider, but apparently I'm not so good at the finding...

Thanks for all the niceness folks. :)

Wanna see more? :weird:

I was doing embroidered paper cards for people a little while ago. That was easy, I prepunched the holes against cardboard or something to keep the paper from dimpling:
View attachment 536

And here's a crossstitch I made for my daddy. He's kind of a cowboy and a romantic, but I don't know if he really got it. I liked the simplicity.
View attachment 537

Free vintage patterns you say! :eek:

I've searched far and wide for appropriate vintage coloring books and images to embroider, but apparently I'm not so good at the finding...

The Hoop love group has a lot of the old iron on and home type patterns. A lot of cute and sweet stuff I like. But I think there are things for everyone on that group. There is a member who has an extensive collection and knowledge of some very old patterns dating back to the 1800s even. Did you find the group? I think you need a Flickr account and need to join the group. It's free of coarse.

What kind of stuff are you looking for? I too have searched coloring book sites. It's another good resource.

The Hoop love group has a lot of the old iron on and home type patterns. A lot of cute and sweet stuff I like. But I think there are things for everyone on that group. There is a member who has an extensive collection and knowledge of some very old patterns dating back to the 1800s even. Did you find the group? I think you need a Flickr account and need to join the group. It's free of coarse.

What kind of stuff are you looking for? I too have searched coloring book sites. It's another good resource.

I did. I recognize this place! http://www.flickr.com/photos/56564069@N07/7565019116/

My auntie lives around Madison County (I assume that's what this is based off of, but there might be other such bridges elsewhere...

Anyway...

I don't know what I'm looking for specifically, but for example I found this old coloring sheet and embroidered it (and should not have used yellow for the outline of the face because it's invisible, but oh well, live and learn):
IMG_1006.JPG

Things like that I guess, generic people (not cartoons or recognizable pop culture images) in vintage or otherwise nostalgic scenes.

You do really nice work! That girl on a swing is adorable. I think the face looks fine. I can see it clearly. I'd keep searching around flickr. I'm sure you will find a lot there.

Oooo...I just posted in the creative venture thread but I should have posted in here...I'm hoping to do this!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352545242.676675.jpg

I love the "Live Harmlessly" one!