Hail to Tofu!

Kazie

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey everyone,

So glad to be here and introduce myself to what I hope will become a platform of learning and sharing. :)
I was raised vegetarian, thanks to my very cool parents, and have taken the step at the beginning of this year to go vegan - thank you Cowspiracy, among other things! For medical reasons (I have severe acne, in case anyone wonders) I also drastically reduced sugar and entirely stopped drinking alcohol. I don't see veganism as some kind of "hip diet", don't get me wrong, I just see it as an opportunity to do the right thing for the planet and for every living being! :relieved:

I currently live in France, but am going to move back to Switzerland soon, which will make my situation a bit easier, since I will be no more in a region where dairy products and meat is the main source of nutriments. :weary_face: Otherwise I'm a student currently finishing my MA degree in publishing. As from April I will be doing an internship at a Swiss publishing house which has a book series dedicated to veganism. :cool:

The main reason of signing up to this forum was that I am needing outside support by people who can relate to me - at least for veganism. And I really want to share some experiences and ideas, etc. In short, I'm really looking forward to this forum, which will be a welcome change to all the FB groups I've signed up to. ;)

Hope you have a great day and hail to tofu!
Cheers

Reactions: Damo
Hi Kazie. Welcome to the forum from a likewise newcomer. Good luck finding the support you need, would love to offer you mine but I'm a 'just become' vegan so have little experience to share. ENJOY!

Welcome/Bienvenue! I was surprised you said being vegan in Switzerland were easier. When I lived there it was dairy-centric. I'm so glad it's changed & that you have lots of options. It'll be lovely to read your comments & hopefully I can offer something useful in return.

Thank you Russ and fzjohnson.

I won't say that it is still difficult to get vegan food anywhere, but in France I used to live in Auvergne's biggest city (central France). It was literally impossible to get vegan food there. In bigger cities like Lyon or Paris, it's an entire other story. And my experience from Switzerland is that all the larger cities are very open-minded, but veganism has had a quite recent development as well. :)