Guy Fawkes - Bonfire Night 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a nationally agreed-upon dish for bonfire night? Which can be veganised? Is it toffee apples? If so, is there a way to make them that won't use quite as much sugar as I've seen in some recipes?

Is there a nationally agreed-upon dish for bonfire night? Which can be veganised? Is it toffee apples? If so, is there a way to make them that won't use quite as much sugar as I've seen in some recipes?

People usually have comfort food such as baked potatoes, chilli, bangers, baked beans, cottage pie, toffee apples, grilled marshmallows, Parkin and lots of toffee.

To make toffee apples you do need to use the stated amount of sugar. It is a very hard caramel which coats the apple.

Occasion

Last edited:
Fear not, the sugar! :p

It looks like the south will be getting heavy rain so that means no bonfires tonight.:(

We have fireworks! Now we just need torches, pitchforks and I think there are a couple of Catholics down the street ... :p

It seems to be raining heavily at the moment, though.

I used to like going to see a fireworks display. Now we have dogs.:|

I have got the firework CD on in one corner of the room, the 10 hour rain sound on my laptop, the bathroom fan on upstairs and I have put the extra long cycle of the washing machine on.

It's a very relaxing environment, especially with the TV blaring as well.:dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.