Greta Thunberg Video

If she was on here before she started you'd all just say or imply:
"How rude... ignore her ranting... I've been in this forum longer than you... your grammar is incorrect foreign person... I continuously disagree... please think twice before posting." And all the Americans would swoop in first then maybe claim the ideas for themselves.

• Disagree
Reactions: Brian W and Lou
"How rude... ignore her ranting... I've been in this forum longer than you... your grammar is incorrect foreign person... I continuously disagree... please think twice before posting." And all the Americans would swoop in first then maybe claim the ideas for themselves.

Gosh, you are So negative.

So instead of dissing on Greta you dis on us. For some reason you don't think we wouldn't love her if she wasn't famous.

Greta is The Best.

There are places on the net like that but this isn't one of them.

I forgot to mention that the video is 5 minutes long.

Here on vimeo there are subtitles in various languages
if you go to cc

Reactions: xbluebird
I used to respect Greta Thunberg, until I realized that she wasn't actually doing anything, all she is doing is going on rants about how bad climate change is and getting Highschool students to take a week off school to protest like that's actually going to get anything accomplished, She calls it a strike when after a week or so of protesting all the students just return to school whether change actually happened or not, that's not how you get change done, what she's got to do is get the people who actually care to leave their schools, workplaces, or wherever, and tell the government that they wont go back to school work or whatever until they see the change they want! You got to inconvenience them! You got to make it so that if you don't get what you want, then you won't give them what they want, and they'll do what you want, because if none of the kids are showing up for school, and none of the adults are showing up for work, that harms them. The government isn't going to do what you want just because you ask them to.

I used to respect Greta Thunberg, until I realized that she wasn't actually doing anything, all she is doing is going on rants about how bad climate change is and getting Highschool students to take a week off school to protest like that's actually going to get anything accomplished, She calls it a strike when after a week or so of protesting all the students just return to school whether change actually happened or not, that's not how you get change done, what she's got to do is get the people who actually care to leave their schools, workplaces, or wherever, and tell the government that they wont go back to school work or whatever until they see the change they want! You got to inconvenience them! You got to make it so that if you don't get what you want, then you won't give them what they want, and they'll do what you want, because if none of the kids are showing up for school, and none of the adults are showing up for work, that harms them. The government isn't going to do what you want just because you ask them to.
Change can also be accomplished by positive action.

Renewable energy is skyrocketing now, and it didn't take a general strike to make it happen. Rather, it took years of hard work by activists, scientists, engineers, technicians, educators, and business people.

1622246758993.png

Reactions: Brian W and Lou
Change can also be accomplished by positive action.

Renewable energy is skyrocketing now, and it didn't take a general strike to make it happen. Rather, it took years of hard work by activists, scientists, engineers, technicians, educators, and business people.

View attachment 24588
That is good, but I doubt that Greta had very much to do with it.

Gosh, you are So negative.

So instead of dissing on Greta you dis on us. For some reason you don't think we wouldn't love her if she wasn't famous.

Greta is The Best.

She brought a lot of people into the movement for Climate Change. Many of those youngsters went home and talked to their parents about making individual lifestyle choices to benefit the environment.

We can try to make large changes through government action, but the individual choices we make are just as important. Every time I use reusable cloth bags for my produce, I make a change.

What Greta taught us is that one person can make an important contribution to the world.

"Vegan diets are for everyone. They are like sex...if it is not feeling good then you are doing it wrong!"
So it seems cartoon tigers delete people saying they creep, the same cartoon predator that hangs around little children in Calvin and Hobbes.
Surely tigers do creep, it's fair enough that I can say "you creep" to a tiger when they do.

Once upon a time, I didn't think any UK governments would ever ban fox hunting, because protests always seemed to come to nothing... Make of that what you will. Greta is a very important voice and she has made waves.

"Vegan diets are for everyone. They are like sex...if it is not feeling good then you are doing it wrong!"
So it seems cartoon tigers delete people saying they creep, the same cartoon predator that hangs around little children in Calvin and Hobbes.
Surely tigers do creep, it's fair enough that I can say "you creep" to a tiger when they do.

In other words, you are going to report us to the Vegan Society for generally ignoring you.

(Shrug)

Last edited:
Greta is doing more to change peoples thinking, and actions, than anyone I personally know!
You aren't going to see mass rebellions anytime soon, peoples lives are far far more complicated than that. They deal with family, and children, and schools work finances health friends religions house work, so many obligations. It's far easier for a well off single person to go off and rebel, only buy the fairest of trade, ethically sourced, and carbon neutral products. They're too often the ones who put all that aside in order to advance their own selfish acheivements

Putting the seed of "what if" in the next generations mind isn't going to prompt any quick changes, but hopefully, will change their lifestyles when they go off on their own, with their own families. Hopefully it will be their changed minds that WILL change the world