Greetings!

Anonymous Name

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I should introduce myself even though ive been here for almost a month now lol. I am Anonymous for reasons that no one would care to read lol. But i was vegetarian for almost a year in 2016 but was completely lazy about it. Might as well have been a cheesitarian haha. But went vegetarian again in July 2018 after an inspiring juice fast. Then for new years decided to finally go full on vegan. Eventually would like to go raw vegan but ill see as time goes. Its a transition and i think people(atleast the ones around me) dont really understand. Its good to comunicate with like minded people in the aspect of veganism. It feels good to help the enviroment and the earth and willing to help our planet as our planet gives us life to thrive. Like the people who have proided us excelent service we should also provide excelent service in return. Is veganism the best thing for our enviroment? Cowspiricy says so but really dont want to rely on a documentary for information. What would be a great source to find studies and whatnot? Introduction got side tracked with enviroment stuff hahahaha

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Hello and welcome! I once visited an agricultural college and the animals were kept in the dark in really bad conditions and that was at a college. After that I started sourcing my meat before eventually going pescatarian then vegan twice. The first time only lasted 3 weeks but the 2nd time lasted 14 years and I have no plans to stop being vegan.

Reactions: Anonymous Name
Hey! Very nice to meet you! I have lots of academic articles on how veganism or lacto-vegetarianism is the best thing for the environment. On a global level, veganism always wins! Local lacto-veg only works in small towns that do small dairy. If I can help you in any way with your research, please let me know, I'm happy to provide peer reviewed articles. Bottom line is that raising animals for meat is the worst thing for the environment, there has never been a credible study with honest parameters that said otherwise. In fact, animal ag is the second largest driver of climate change, and could overtake fossil fuels if things do not change soon, because methane is so much more active as a greenhouse gas than CO2.

Reactions: Anonymous Name
Hey! Very nice to meet you! I have lots of academic articles on how veganism or lacto-vegetarianism is the best thing for the environment. On a global level, veganism always wins! Local lacto-veg only works in small towns that do small dairy. If I can help you in any way with your research, please let me know, I'm happy to provide peer reviewed articles. Bottom line is that raising animals for meat is the worst thing for the environment, there has never been a credible study with honest parameters that said otherwise. In fact, animal ag is the second largest driver of climate change, and could overtake fossil fuels if things do not change soon, because methane is so much more active as a greenhouse gas than CO2.
I’ll admit I’m still learning and really need to know more of the science behind veganism. I know Mic The Vegan uses peer reviewed studies and I typically watch his videos to find more science on these topics. Health and Enviromental especially. I appreciate you offering tools for research and I’ll do the same as to what I come across. Vegan for the win!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Hello and welcome! I once visited an agricultural college and the animals were kept in the dark in really bad conditions and that was at a college. After that I started sourcing my meat before eventually going pescatarian then vegan twice. The first time only lasted 3 weeks but the 2nd time lasted 14 years and I have no plans to stop being vegan.
I’m sure that was an awful experience seeing what you had to see and no animal derserves the amount of suffering that they go through in factory farming. There is no beneficial service in that industry for us, them, or the earth.