Greetings from toronto

VeganJanae

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Greetings all! :)

My name is Janae. I am 29 years old, from Toronto, Canada, and I have been a vegan for just a little over 2 years.

I became a Vegan for a reason that is quite different from what is considered the "normal" reason one decides to become a Vegan. While I am compassionate about animal rights and welfare, the main reason I chose to make this change was in the name of science. Long before becoming a vegan, I have been obsessed with health & fitness, and have even taken part in some local bodybuilding competitions in my early teens.

Having a background in biology, medical science is something I am even more passionate about. Growing more and more tired of seeing inaccurate claims circulating the internet, ranging from that claim that "no vegan source of B12" to "incomplete protein", I decided that I would become a vegan and make it my goal to lose weight, and more specifically build muscle, all while eating a strict plant-based diet with no supplementation.

I hope to prove to as many people as possible that being a vegan does not have to mean being 'skinny', malnourished, and 'weak', and help debunk the many myths about veganism that have, in my opinion, persisted in the health & fitness community for far too long.

I intend on being a very active member of this community, taking part in constructive conversations, and sharing information that I believe to be quite valuable. I regularly conduct small research projects on topics I am passionate about, which I share on various platforms including forums such as this one, and I am also in the process of writing a series of short e-books on the topic of veganism, vegan bodybuilding, etc. I also hope to help fellow vegans, especially those who are new to the lifestyle, by sharing my experiences and helping them avoid making some of the same mistakes I made early on in my 'quest'.

I hope that I can find a place to fit in here. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my introduction, and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Lux

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Welcome! Would love to hear more about your e-books! Sounds very interesting.