Great tool to find vegetarian food not just restaurant

AJZone

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey All, I found this great website VegHood ( iphone app 'VegHood') for finding vegetarian food in New York and other cities in US ( Only New York, Seattle, San Francisco and Washington DC are supported as of now, more cities are coming soon they say ) and thought would be a good idea to share with the fellow vegetarians.

The website has a lot of restaurants listed and the best feature is that they actually show you what vegetarian options are available in those restaurants. I loved some other great features like quickly looking up a restaurant and what vegetarian options are available in their menu. I have used it so many times to find what vegetarian options are available before picking a restaurant. Also, there is an option to look for a specific vegetarian food item. So if I feel like eating pasta or want to eat something with cheese in it, i can quickly look up those options in the menus of all of the restaurants around.

Great website, seems to be still in early building phase so sometimes you may find an issue with the data but still a great tool for vegetarians. I would recommend to use it whenever you are looking out for a new place to eat.