Great to be here!

Dougrus

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello everyone,

I recently have started a plant based diet and have come to the forum to browse recipes and share about lifestyle in general. I also cook regularly for my family (who are not vegan) and thought this would be a great place to get advice on those sorts of things.

Additionally, I do not have anyone in my immediate friends or family group that eat in this manner so I feel like I need a place to find like minded people.

Look forward to it!

Doug

Sax

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Welcome!

What made you decide to start plant based/vegan?

Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
welcome @Dougrus

You will find this forum extremely helpful and we look forward to following your journey.

Emma JC

OP
OP
Dougrus

Dougrus

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
@Sax I do a lot of weight training/adult league basketball/softball etc and have been hearing about the differences with plant based recovery vs animal protein recovery. I was intrigued... I was always curious about veganism because I am such an animal lover....always felt hypocritical about my feelings/preaching about animal kindness and the actual reality of my eating habits. So, I told myself I would do a 2 week trial and see how the vegan thing felt. The trial came and went and I lost all desire for meat...my body felt better, my recovery was through the roof and I was less tired and more mentally alert. Additionally, and most unexpectedly, a life long-struggle with intestinal issues just completely reversed itself. Like...gone. Needless to say I kept going....and then once I learned about some vegan products like vegan cheeses, vegan egg recipes (which are frickin amazing btw) there was no reason for me to turn back.

I am also a bit of a hobbyist cook so the challenge of it all has been really fun and educational. My boys had some of my vegan chili this evening and of course I didnt say anything and they were like whoa, this is amazing...waited until later on to tell them...

@Emma JC and @Lou - thanks for the welcome! Im excited to hang out with you all.

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello everyone,

I recently have started a plant based diet and have come to the forum to browse recipes and share about lifestyle in general. I also cook regularly for my family (who are not vegan) and thought this would be a great place to get advice on those sorts of things.

Additionally, I do not have anyone in my immediate friends or family group that eat in this manner so I feel like I need a place to find like minded people.

Look forward to it!

Doug

Hi Doug,

This webpage does a nice job of summarizing vegan nutrition. The author, registered dietitian Brenda Davis, is an advisor to the Vegan Society UK.

Reactions: Dougrus