Great Horror Campout

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This looks like fun....sort of. :hide:
New in 2013, the Great Horror Campout will bring a unique kind of camping experience to Los Angeles.
From Ten Thirty One Productions (creators of the incredibly popular Los Angeles Haunted Hayride), the Great Horror Campout will be an overnight, twelve-hour experience that puts campers into an immersive horror camping adventure jam packed with content.

Campers can choose the intensity of their adventure. However, whether they decide to stay in their tents with friends or venture into the darkness they are fair game. And unlike the LA Haunted Hayride, the performers at Great Horror Campout may touch you.

With a slogan that promises, “Only The Dawning Sun Will Save You,” tents, horror movies, bonfires and marshmallow roasting are only the beginning. Campers wanting an even more extreme horror experience can participate in the Hell Hunt, an interactive experience that will bring campers face to face with their worst nightmares in order to retrieve the items for which they are hunting. The Hell Hunt will send campers bathing in the blood of a “Pope Lick,” partaking in a sacrificial voodoo ritual, digging through road kill amongst “Beasts of Bray” and tons more. Campers will have to use creative thinking and problem solving to find the most coveted items and compete for the title of “Hell Master.” Campers who complete the Hell Hunt will receive a “Golden Ticket” to the LA Haunted Hayride good for unlimited rides during the 2013 season.

Great Horror Campout is frightening and may include total darkness, water spray and splash, uneven surfaces, steps up and down, strobe lighting, latex, narrow tunnels, crouch spaces which require you to bend down while walking, sudden loud noises, live scareactors, fog and scent effects which are all intended to startle and frighten you...

This is their disclaimer: :eek:
During Great Horror Campout you may be forcibly handled, moved, bound, hooded, chained and subjected to simulated torture by our actors. You may witness strong verbal content, which may be considered offensive in nature.

https://www.facebook.com/GreatHorrorCampout

7457_454080531351038_1305789782_n.jpg

Some people might actually consider the whole thing rather fun.

As a Highly Sensitive Person, I am not one of them. :cry:

I'll be hiding behind the sofa with you. :hide:

Reactions: ledboots
Hmmmmm...definitely not for me.

If you lose your life, do you get a refund?

This does look like fun but very potentially problematic.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
I didn't read the whole description, initially... I thought it was going to be a new reality TV series like survivor, lol.

I didn't read the whole description, initially... I thought it was going to be a new reality TV series like survivor, lol.

Well, as TV producers run out of other ridiculous ideas for reality programming, they may turn to this thing for a series. Wait, just wait... ;)

Reactions: KLS52
It sounds cool, but not something I'd be interested in. It's perfect for die hard horror fans who not only like to watch horror movies, but experience them as well.

It turns out they do have a website, not just a Facebook page. http://www.greathorrorcampout.com
This part impressed and surprised me:
  • Included with Your Ticket:
    • Accommodations for one (1) in a 4-person style tent
    • Hot Buffet Style Dinner – Camp Fare (Sausages, Salads, Beans - Vegan Appropriate)
    • Continental Breakfast – (Coffee, Bagels, Etc. – Vegan Appropriate)
    • Parking
    • Hell Hunt Experience (Rewards, Prizes, Scare Environments)
    • Horror Movies around a Bonfire
    • Roasting Marshmallows
    • Reusable GHC Canvas Bag (Used for Item Collection during the Hell Hunt)
Just a year or two ago, vegans would never have been considered, and usually the food is vegetarian (not vegan) friendly. I'm guessing it's still probably just one or two dishes, but I'm just happy that we are even being thought about. :)

eta: They have a safe word/phrase if it gets too intense for you, you have to scream "I want my mommy". :lol:

Lol...I sent the link to my crazy daughter...she would actually consider doing this with her cousin.

I don't camp. Anywhere. Anytime. So I'm certainly not going to a horror camp.

My daughter went last night, waiting to hear how it went.
Surprisingly, all the food was vegan, not just a few items. I'm guessing one or more of the people putting this on are vegan.

I put a picture of the menu in spoiler tags since there is a creepy face in the pic.

Buffet.jpg

Surprisingly, all the food was vegan, not just a few items. I'm guessing one or more of the people putting this on are vegan.

I put a picture of the menu in spoiler tags since there is a creepy face in the pic.

Buffet.jpg

So cool! Let us know what she says about it.

Buffet.jpg

OMG...that is awesome! lol
Can't wait to hear the details! :)