Google ' Image' Search

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Has anyone tried the Google Image search ?

I'm looking for a cuddler (type of swivel armchair) chair that I've seen on a US site. Google has managed to find a few links but nothing that exists in Europe. I wonder whether the search engine is a bit limited as far as images are concerned ?cuddler-chair-small-010311091a_BELLA_PEARL.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for, but I search through Yahoo, which I would think is similar to Google. I typed in "cuddler chair" and get this:
IMG_3876.PNG

Then I click where it says "images" and this comes up. I can scroll down and get lots of images, near the top (web, images, video).
IMG_3877.PNG

Am I even close? Lol. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for, but I search through Yahoo, which I would think is similar to Google. I typed in "cuddler chair" and get this:
View attachment 11975

Then I click where it says "images" and this comes up. I can scroll down and get lots of images, near the top (web, images, video).
View attachment 11976

Am I even close? Lol. :)

I meant using an image (photo) instead of the description.

As either different countries (US term cuddled seems to be swivel in the UK) and/or sites use different vocabulary, when I entered the words, I got the most vast array of answers. I thought that it would be easier and more logical to entre the actual photo of the objet (armchair) that I was looking for.;)

I also like how they look, why I tried them at stores. Sitting in anything with a curved back gives me instant, like shooting nerve pains. With cushions it's not as instantly noticeable, but ever sit in those plastic chairs with curved backs? Owwwwww

I meant using an image (photo) instead of the description.

As either different countries (US term cuddled seems to be swivel in the UK) and/or sites use different vocabulary, when I entered the words, I got the most vast array of answers. I thought that it would be easier and more logical to entre the actual photo of the objet (armchair) that I was looking for.;)
Ohhhhhh...I had a feeling I was missing something, lol.

I've never done a search by entering a photo!

You can either use the url or upload a picture. It can be very helpful when you're trying to find out the source of the picture eg when you need to credit the owner. Other times, it's utterly useless though imo

My sister has one and I always hog it when I'm at her house.

In terms of the google image searches, I've not had much need for it but have found it work when I tried. I guess it's early technology compared to a good old text search

What you're referring to is usually called a Reverse Image Search.

Clicking the camera on a regular Google image search and entering a URL/uploading a photo will do the trick, but for more options you might want to consult some other reverse searchers, for instance TinEye.

It's important to note that the purpose of a reverse image search is mostly to find other sources of the same image on the internet - if you're trying to find similar chairs on shopping websites, reverse search might not be the best option.