UK Good stair fry recipe

Anonymous1502

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I can't make a good stair fry if anyone has any recipes that taste good please let me know.

Cooking a good stir fry is not necessarily about the recipe but about the technique.

I'm more in the still learning phase but there are a few lessons I have learned.

I'm not sure you have to have a wok to make a good stir fry - but it sure does help. I got mine from BB&B for like $20.
Less is more. Don't overfill the wok. My own rule for cooking for one is to only use about 6 oz of tofu and 2 cups of vegetables.
Crank up the heat. Stay by the stove. This is not the time for multi-tasking. Set a timer if you have to but you don't want to overcook.

This is one of my favorite recipes for a Thai style stir-fry.

The only real trick to stir-frying is having an incredibly hot pan. For this, I definitely do not recommend non-stick type pans. Go buy yourself a proper wok if you don't have one. They're not overly expensive.

A gas burner works best in my experience, although you can use an electric burner, as long as you have a flat bottom wok. The woks with rounded bottoms that sit on a ring over the burner just won't get hot enough on an electric burner. The difference is you get nicely seared (stir-fried) veggies, as apposed to something steamed that usually ends up leeching out unwanted water into your stir-fry.

There's a plethora of YouTube videos that show you how to stir-fry using proper techniques.

Reactions: Lou