Glad to be here

LaughingDove

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone! I was quite surprised and happy to have found this forum. I've been vegan for 15 years, vegetarian before that, and mostly veggie (or flexitarian) for a long time before that. In my earlier years after going vegan I was active on a few very excellent AR forums, but with the rise of Facebook coupled with the ever-increasing forum takeover by spam bots, most of these older discussion forums, unfortunately, ended up closing down. I've tried to get involved a little with some Facebook groups, but they are quite chaotic and their format is not really well-suited to the deeper discussions that so many of us had enjoyed in past years.

Anyway, I was delighted to find that your forum exists and seems to be going well. My congratulations to the members here and to the moderating team for your good work in providing a forum where one can engage in serious discussions and share much needed vegan information and support!

About the Laughing Dove story -- I am a great fan of doves and pigeons. I live with three Ringneck Doves (often known as "laughing doves" in French) and one English Pouter pigeon.

Welcome LaughingDove,

This is a great place to be involved with some awesome discussion among great people :)

Enjoy :)

Welcome to the forum LaughingDove! Glad to have a 'veteran' vegan among us. I enjoy seeing those that have been doing it for so long and have stuck with it. Its admirable, not to mention a thorn in the side for those that say you can't thrive on a vegan diet.

Agree with the Facebook format as well! Prefer forums over FB any day.

Hello and welcome! I'm deafblind. I used to belong to a lot of old sites too but then became almost totally blind for several years before becoming partially sighted again. While I was totally blind message boards were too hard for me as I also suffered from mental health issues but now I'm back on line and everything has gone a little quiter then it used to be.

Thank you so much, TofuRobot, Emma JC, betiPT, mavrick45, Three Chickpeas, VeganDreama and Forest Nymph for your warm welcome! I've been browsing through some of the threads here, and have found some very interesting discussions.