Getting new members...

I wonder if we could make some sort of graphic ad or something that people can post on their blogs, to advertise for here.

I wonder if we could make some sort of graphic ad or something that people can post on their blogs, to advertise for here.
That would be a great idea.

Oh, and have a look at those links Calliegirl posted about what Google doesn't like people to do. We don't want anyone to go overboard.

I agree, but I think it's better if regular users post rather than our VV page. It looks and feels like spamming if we do it.

I have no idea how to post on veg*n pages that I "like". I'm not all the Facebook savvy. I see a place where I can message these pages , but that would send them a private not public message right?

I have no idea how to post on veg*n pages that I "like". I'm not all the Facebook savvy. I see a place where I can message these pages , but that would send them a private not public message right?

I'm still working on your facebook problem by the way - I haven't forgotten about it! I'm not too good with it either.

I'm still working on your facebook problem by the way - I haven't forgotten about it! I'm not too good with it either.

Thanks. It's not just the VV page for me though, it's every page I like. There's a couple of specific veg*n pages I've stumbled across that could potentially draw in some new members through FB if I could figure out how to promote the site there.

Hmmm...most of the pages I have 'liked' I can post on, i.e. Compassion Over Killing, Vegan Cuts...but maybe we're talking about something different. I'm not exactly savvy when it comes to stuff like this either.

If pages are set to allow people to post on them, there will be a box that looks like the status update box, usually just below the cover picture/info section. I think it's normally on the left column, and you can post a comment or photo/video.
Sometimes it can be hard to see, it kind of blends in to the background.

If you find pages that don't have the box, it's because the page owners have set their page to not allow people to post on it. (I keep the rabbit rescue page I admin like this so I don't have to spend all my time deleting spam.)

I found it! Wait..ok weird. I have two FB pages. One is just for coupons and the other is just for VB people. For some reason I can see that box on my coupon account page, but not on the other FB account. It must be something set up in my settings then .