Getting light headed and tired

amberfunk

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I always get super tired and light headed/dizzy in the middle of the day at work. I figured today that it was not eating enough food I think. I drink plenty of water because it's a very physical job. I have two breaks and a lunch. Today I had for first break I had pretzels, chips, grapes and raspberries. Lunch was beans, rice and mustard greens. After lunch was when I started feeling like crap. I had a big breakfast this morning. Whole grain toast, scrambled tofu with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and veggie bacon. Can anyone give advice on what to eat to keep my energy up and feeling as good as I did earlier in the day?

Experiment with eating a larger total amount of food, even if it's more than you've eaten before. The things you are eating look fine. If that doesn't work, consider seeing a doctor or a nutritionist but also consider it may be nothing to do with food. Good luck!

Maybe you need to exercise more. The more I exercise, the less I eat and the more energy I have. However I would always advise people to eat as much as they feel they need. Just eat 3 times a day and don't snack.

I exercise at work and walk for three hours a day on my three days off. My job is physical labor and I'm constantly moving. I feel better now as I've adjusted my diet. I eat breakfast, almonds at first break, lunch, fruit at last break and dinner when I get home. I also drink about 80oz of water a day plus some tea and coffee.