Germany's flashmob neo-Nazis

I hate video links. Normally news has a written version of the article and I can skim that and skip the video, but I didn't see that here.

Also I hate neo-nazis. So I guess I don't need to read the article anyway. :shrug:

In a way it is not free speech because they choose to be anonymous, so they are not actually expressing "themselves". Perhaps they should take their stupid masks off if they want their lame voices heard.

Well, we believe in free speech, don't we?

Not if 'we' is equivalent to 'Germany' in any way. I quite like free speech though, it makes things plainer. Plus sometimes it's interesting even if it doesn't make sense, like reading stormfront or freerepublic.

I've always wondered if it's some kind of shame thing, maybe a 'stop bringing it up we don't want to talk about it' thing - or if they just don't see any irony in it at all.

In a way it is not free speech because they choose to be anonymous, so they are not actually expressing "themselves". Perhaps they should take their stupid masks off if they want their lame voices heard.
In the US, when the KKK were made to remove their stupid pointy hats with face coverings at their gatherings, most of them stayed home after that. Like the cowards they are.

I can't even make sense of that. What does freedom of speech have to do with identifying yourself? It sounds like something one of those violently outgoing middle-east dictators would come up with.

In the US, when the KKK were made to remove their stupid pointy hats with face coverings at their gatherings, most of them stayed home after that. Like the cowards they are.

i don't think they were ever made to do that legal wise. you sure about that? i've been to Klan rallies and there were still quite a few of the yahoos showing their support.

I think this is also based largely to the pride and greatness that many Germans probably feel was prevalent at that time. Like a country that could do anything. I'm sure the racist rhetoric is also at play, but i would think that a country that went from 'greatness' to mediocrity and shame would eventually re-cycle an attitude of trying to find that 'greatness' once again. with sharp uniforms like they had, can you blame them??!

i don't think they were ever made to do that legal wise. you sure about that? i've been to Klan rallies and there were still quite a few of the yahoos showing their support.
Most states ban the klan from covering their faces, but there's no federal law. When I lived in Georgia, the grand poopah of the kkk lived in the same town. We protestors at their pathetic rallies far outnumbered the old pathetic kkk guys. When they had to show their faces instead of hiding, they pretty much stopped their rallies and parades there.