Gasoline is not expensive: that's a myth

When I was a teenager, gas was .30 a gallon, minimum wage was $3. So if you worked for an hour you could buy 10 gallons of gas.
Today minimum wage is $15 and gas is like $5. so if you worked for an hour you can buy 3 gallons of gas.

I realize this is an oversimplification - Just saying.

Jamie, how about also finding the statistics about our planet Earth's rate of production of oil vs our civilization's oil consumption rate (we are consuming oil many million times faster than Earth is producing it); and the contributions to global warming, air pollution and health effects of each car ride?

A primer: https://www.smarttouchenergy.com/resources/how-oil-is-made

• Informative
Reactions: bEt
I still can hear my grandfather going off when they banned leaded gas and used that as an excuse to raise the price of unleaded :laughing:
"They're going to charge more because they're NOT going to add lead?"

Really good points!
Why I'm always on about why using the minimum of resources for a simple life should cost anywhere near the same per unit as someone using them for luxeries. People need transportation to jobs, heating for homes, their is no need for yatches, or private planes, or ridicuosly large houses!

Reactions: Mischief
I got $.90 off per gallon with my stop n shop rewards. I don’t know if I’m really saving any money as groceries have gotten so expensive.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Why I'm always on about why using the minimum of resources for a simple life should cost anywhere near the same per unit as someone using them for luxeries. People need transportation to jobs, heating for homes, their is no need for yatches, or private planes, or ridicuosly large houses!
Yes, covering some basics should be way cheaper. Just mulled this around in my head and wondered how it could be done (if politics would be willing to agree with such a concept which we all know will most likely not happen within out lifetime).

Reactions: bEt