Package Exchange Future exchange ideas..

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
So... I am loving the themed box idea, which has been quite successful, and am thinking it would be fun to continue the idea for fall and winter exchanges. Put on your thinking caps and post those suggestions!
My input - for fall, perhaps since our thoughts turn to cooking up and/or eating delicious food, how about meal ingredients? Examples include-spices,soup mix,dried beans, rice and so forth. For winter I was thinking a sock and mug swap would be a blast. What say ye, fellow VVers?

I never join in so perhaps I shouldn't be answering this thread. :(

However, I think that a gorgeous christmas mug and socks would be fabulous. Beans and rice weigh a lot so perhaps spices, herbes et sweeties would be a good idea ?

Reactions: sallyomally
I like the sock-and-mug idea for the winter exchange!

As for the fall idea, not everyone (like me) does much cooking, so I'm not sure about the ingredients idea. The ingredients sent to someone who doesn't do much cooking may not get used much. Because autumn means cooler weather, how about concentrating on a cooler-weather beverage assortment? Teas, coffees, cocoa, whatever nonperishable beverage items people might like. (Something to put in that mug that we'd get for the winter exchange). I admit it might take a little searching for vegan beverage items, but that's part of the fun of the exchanges, right? :p

If you're swapping with someone who DOES like cooking, you can always include some meal ingredients in the fall exchange box anyway.

Last edited:
I like the sock-and-mug idea for the winter exchange!

As for the fall idea, not everyone (like me) does much cooking, so I'm not sure about the ingredients idea. The ingredients sent to someone who doesn't do much cooking may not get used much. Because autumn means cooler weather, how about concentrating on a cooler-weather beverage assortment? Teas, coffees, cocoa, whatever nonperishable beverage items people might like. (Something to put in that mug that we'd get for the winter exchange). I admit it might take a little searching for vegan beverage items, but that's part of the fun of the exchanges, right? :p

If you're swapping with someone who DOES like cooking, you can always include some meal ingredients in the fall exchange box anyway.

Good points, ladies. So we have a cool weather beverage suggestion, which I agree would be fun, and two yes votes for sock and mug winter swap. Let's keep those ideas coming!

So.. after much thought .. how about leaving the fall swap as it has been (the usual treats), and having the winter exchange include a cool weather beverage, mug, and socks! This way, there would be something nice to fill up those mugs! If this sounds good, I will have the sign up available next week.:mcat:

~ REBOOT ~

Hey, are you guys still doing these exchanges? I like the idea, would love to get involved! In fact, I think I'd like to hook someone up with an all made-in-Michigan box.... :)

It was fun while it lasted. But sallyomally, who coordinated everything, hasn’t been involved with VeggieViews for a long time now, so the exchanges ended when her visits to the board did. If someone else wants to restart a holiday package exchange and coordinate the whole thing, I’d certainly be interested in participating again. :)

It was fun while it lasted. But sallyomally, who coordinated everything, hasn’t been involved with VeggieViews for a long time now, so the exchanges ended when her visits to the board did. If someone else wants to restart a holiday package exchange and coordinate the whole thing, I’d certainly be interested in participating again. :)
How much coordination would this take, really? Obviously there needs to be trust... and the private exchange of personal info between participants....

Maybe next year there will be one . I miss them too I know when I first moved with the last one I had problems but since I am working I can do these things.

How about giving virtual gifts! We could have a thread like the ones in games where we virtually 'gift' the person above! I know I have ideas of what I'd like to get people here! I think it would be fun, and if we don't like what we get- no re-gifting :rofl: