"Full metal jacket" again

robert99

On the boat
Reaction score
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...el-face-action-in-Muslim-recruit-s-death.html
The US Marine Corps is weighing criminal or administrative charges against as many as 20 personnel at a recruit training depot following the death of a Muslim trainee, officials said Thursday (Sep 8).

Investigators opened a probe into the March death of Raheel Siddiqui, 20, who reportedly fell three stories to his death at the recruitment depot in Parris Island, California.

The Marines have classed the death as a suicide but, according to the Wall Street Journal, investigations suggest Siddiqui leaped from a third-story balcony after a drill instructor slapped him in the face.

Citing anonymous Marine officials, the Journal said the drill instructor had referred to the Pakistani-American as a “terrorist.”
Up to 20 marines could face disciplinary action over Muslim recruit's death
A drill instructor involved in Siddiqui’s incident was already under investigation for alleged mistreatment of another recruit, having reportedly forced the individual into a clothes dryer in the laundry room. The Journal reported that the instructor accused the recruit of participating in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, before switching on the machine.
(And the US military wonders why it can not get Muslim recruits? )

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/u...t-hazing-and-the-lies-that-covered-it-up.html
In Marine Corps boot camp, Thomas Weaver learned to endure punches, kicks and choking by drill instructors in the Third Recruit Training Battalion at Parris Island, S.C. When one instructor repeatedly bashed his head against a doorway, he kept quiet and acted as if it were no big deal. But what he eventually could not take was the lying that covered up the abuse.

“We were taught the Marines is all about honor and honesty, and my superiors were constantly telling us all to lie about what was happening,” Mr. Weaver, 21, said in a recent interview at his parents’ home in rural northern Florida. “I had been really proud to join the Marines, but I was not proud of what we were doing.”