Fruit

I recently bought a pineapple, a container of strawberries, bananas, grapefruit, apples, and the most gorgeous pears. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding the urge to eat most of it. I ended up freezing half the pineapple and making salsa with the rest. I also froze the strawberries , some of the bananas and will probably bake with the remaining ones since they are almost completely black. It's just too damn cold for fruit to be appealing to me . I want warm comforting foods.

I also buy strawberries, kiwis and bananas in winter and also freeze them for smoothies or ice cream.

I always have apples, oranges and avocados in my fruit bowl as I have a few pieces during the day. I'm trying to limit
my fruit consumption as I have a tendency to eat to many.

The Chovie treated us both to a rather nice looking fruit salad over the weekend.

The question of how they can now extract 99% of all flavour from fruit arose but never got answered.

Well, I'm allergic to most locally grown types of fruit when eaten raw, so most of the fruit I eat is satsumas and bananas because I can eat them raw and they're fairly cheap. In the summer when they're in season I buy local berries - sometimes from a pick your own place or my parents garden so then they're seriously local :p If I buy cooking apples or frozen berries for stewing in the winter I'll buy British.

I just buy whatever fruit I fancy or the fruit on special offer throughout the year, although I buy in season strawberries because they taste nicer.

I buy bananas weekly as I use them in all my smoothies, I also bought pears and blueberries this week. I keep any leftover fruit chopped up in the freezer for smoothies too, I have red grapes and pineapple in there at the moment.

I eat a lot of bananas, apples, grapes, citrus (in season most of the time) and a few berries. I'm allergic to strawberries, sadly. I love melon in the summer as well.

I eat a lot of bananas. Other than that at the moment I'm eating apples, strawberries, blueberries & avocados.

I find the fruit to be not-so-great quality in the winter here whether it's local, from the next province over, or imported. We've been eating mostly bananas (imported) and some pears (domestic) and apples(domestic). I also have some blueberries in the freezer.

What a gorgeous and vibrant photo.

As much as I really really want to eat local (and try to do so whenever stuff is in season) I really fall back on imported stuff in the winter. I do eat local appels and pears that have been stored. Then I go for bananas (seems like most people do) and the occassional mango or two.

In Florida we have some of our best local fruit at this time of year. The citrus, strawberries, etc.

I always keep staple fruits of bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, and frozen bags of fruit for quick smoothies. We eat a ton of fruit all the time, tbh. :)

Reactions: Trinity and PTree15
The Chovie treated us both to a rather nice looking fruit salad over the weekend.

The question of how they can now extract 99% of all flavour from fruit arose but never got answered.

Even so I feel a bit l aggrieved that I presented you with fruit and you brought me a cold (sniff sniff)

I had some frozen strawberries and banana in my freezer, I cut them up, blended them in the mini food processor with a small spoonful of vanilla soy ice cream and had myself a bowl of vegan sorbet/sherbet

As far as fresh fruit, it has been mostly apples and pears lately. Nothing is really in season in NH this time of year.

Reactions: PTree15