French-vegan-faces-terror-charge-over-dead-butcher-comment

Blues

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
French vegan guilty of terror charge for suggesting slain butcher deserved his fate

83e9d33a7d647c1b4754ea267394bdeaae0d05a20e86994a2ca0229173f6412d.jpg

A French vegan an animal rights activist was handed a suspended prison term on Thursday for condoning terrorism after writing on Facebook that "justice" had been served when a butcher was killed during an Islamist attack last week.
The unusual case, prosecuted under France's tough anti-terror security laws, was heard in the town of Saint-Gaudens in southwest France.

Police spotted the Facebook message by the vegan cheesemaker on Monday night about the killing of butcher Christian Medves at a Super U supermarket in Trebes last week during a shooting spree by an Islamic extremist.

"So then, you are shocked that a murderer is killed by a terrorist." wrote the animal rights activist, named as Myriam by local media. "Not me. I've got zero compassion for him, there's justice in it."

:rolleyes:---for both sides!
Everyone should know not to post that, but a suspended prison term? That's even crazier!

This is an example of someone who isn't advocately effectively. Should not have said that. I think the suspended prison sentence was a bit harsh though.