Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
4 medium sized white onions
non dairy milk
seasoned self raising flour
vegetable oil for deep frying

Slice the onions thinly and separet into rings. Dip them into the milk and toss in flour.
Place into a metal basket and deep fry until crisp and gold brown.
Drain on kitchen paper and serve straight away.

Tip : Serve with veggie burger or seitan nuggets. They also pair well with mayonnaise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freesia
4 medium sized white onions
non dairy milk
seasoned self raising flour
vegetable oil for deep frying

Slice the onions thinly and separet into rings. Dip them into the milk and toss in flour.
Place into a metal basket and deep fry until crisp and gold brown.
Drain on kitchen paper and serve straight away.
Tip : Serve with veggie burger or mock chicken nuggets. They also go well with mayonnaise.
929579.jpg

:eek:Mayonnaise? Are you one of those people that dips their fries and onion rings in mayonnaise?

I love both tho i have yet to try vegan ranch dressing.

In the Uk and ireland. mayonaise dipping is a common practise. i used to do it when i was there.

:eek:Mayonnaise? Are you one of those people that dips their fries and onion rings in mayonnaise?

Nothing but a dash of cider vinegar for my fries/chips, if you please !
I dislike all types of bottles sauces, ketchup and salad dressings . :(

I try and cater for all tastes when writing out the recipes.:D

Reactions: thefadedone
In the Uk and ireland. mayonaise dipping is a common practise. i used to do it when i was there.
Nothing but a dash of cider vinegar for my fries/chips, if you please !
I dislike all types of bottles sauces, ketchup and salad dressings . :(

I try and cater for all tastes when writing out the recipes.:D

It is pretty interesting to see how different our food combinations are.:up:

Yes, my chips in the UK often came with vinegar on them. I always thought UGH but yet the smell of chips with vinegar on them takes me back there.

I dip my chips in tomato sauce here, noone does the mayo thing, it is just not available in chip shops. Tomato sauce has always been pretty big here.

Yes, my chips in the UK often came with vinegar on them. I always thought UGH but yet the smell of chips with vinegar on them takes me back there.

I dip my chips in tomato sauce here, noone does the mayo thing, it is just not available in chip shops. Tomato sauce has always been pretty big here.

:yes::lick:

MMmm vinegar.

I like to use just about anything for dipping. I have been known to mix a lot of condiments together, mayo, with ketchup, and mustard or hot sauce. I love dippy things.

Reactions: thefadedone