Free Vegan - House broken, looking for a good home

Nightshade

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Hi all. I used to post occasionally years ago on that other forum under a different name but I never really felt accepted as a member of that community. Lately, I've just really felt the need to interact with other, like minded people.

I'm a vegan, have been for nearly forty years and I'm living in an area where going meatless is still considered quite the oddity. Being viewed as eccentric or contrary gets really wearing sometimes, you know? It's such a relief to have a place to hang where how you live, what you believe and what you eat is considered normal.

So anyway...hi there! I very much like the friendly tone of this board and hope this will be the place for me.

40 years! Holy heck, that's amazing! Had I been alive 40 years ago, I can't say with confidence I would have had the strength to go vegan and stick it out because none of the resources I use now would have been about. Serious respect :)

Also, welcome :D

Reactions: thefadedone
Dat title :rofl:
Welcome :wave:
40 years is VERY impressive to me, its like almost twice my lifetime :eek:

That's a shame you're in an area where it's seen as so strange. May I ask which side of the pond you're on?

40 years! Wow! I'll be so proud of myself if I continue that long. I guess the good feeling you get from it outweighs what others think some times xxx

That's a shame you're in an area where it's seen as so strange. May I ask which side of the pond you're on?

40 years! Wow! I'll be so proud of myself if I continue that long. I guess the good feeling you get from it outweighs what others think some times xxx

I'm in the US in Ohio which, sadly, is a large livestock and dairy state. People here think meat needs to be eaten at least three time a day or you're just not eating healthily.

I'm in the US in Ohio which, sadly, is a large livestock and dairy state. People here think meat needs to be eaten at least three time a day or you're just not eating healthily.

Welcome to VV! I can relate to your situation. I grew up in the midwest and took a trip up there last summer. Since eating out is the number one entertainment for my family, it was quite a challenge for me!!