Free-Food Revolution Summit 2020

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Every year John and Ocean Robbins bring together leaders of plant based ethics and nutrition. Each speaker gets their own time frame so you can pick and choose who to listen to, and their talks are rebroadcast.
One thing I really like about these is I can listen on my phone without using data!

Join the FREE 2020 Food Revolution Summit

Starting now, with Dr Michael Klaper, hosted by John and Ocean Robbins.
Much talk about keeping a good immune system.

Reactions: David3
Starting now, with Dr Michael Klaper, hosted by John and Ocean Robbins.
Much talk about keeping a good immune system.

Looks good! Several big names: Michael Greger, Joel Fuhrman, Michael Klaper.

The Summit includes David Perlmutter as a speaker?! That guy claims that grain foods are bad for you. I wonder why John and Ocean Robbins would invite him?

Yeah I listened to these yesterday and passed the link on to Vegan Club. We are still chatting through a group app. Thanks!

Also, you can listen to recorded versions of the Food Revolution podcasts up to 21 hours after they end if you miss them.

John and Ocean Robbins displayed a serious lack of integrity in their production of the 2020 Food Revolution Summit.

How did John Robbins choose to present both (1) Michael Greger, who encourages whole grains and discourages beef and coconut oil, and (2) David Perlmutter, who recommends exactly the opposite?

Ocean Robbin's website seems to promote a "different people require different diets" approach. However, no mainstream health organization, nor any mainstream vegan organization, recommends eating coconut oil or avoiding whole grains.

What happened to John Robbins?

Last edited:
Susan Peirce Thompson is also pushing extraordinarily disordered eating habits and self body shaming tactics. She's for removing all sugar and all flower from your diet. Even whole grains and unrefined sugars. Her website even has a quiz that "Tests Your suceptability to food addiction." Which has such questions as "Have you craved food in the past 3 months?" and "Have you overeaten in the past 3 months?" Which literally every human with a brain-stem has done. Yes, extreme cravings and overeating can be a sign of a problem, but just having them isnt symptomatic of an addiction when every human on the planet needs to eat to survive. Designating these normal things as signs of an addiction is irresponsible. For example, I placed a 3 on her test which she takes as to mean Im less susceptible to this addiction, but I should still probably buy her book and program anyway.

And of course Dr. Amen who misuses SPEC to diagnose illnesses that that procedure isnt really capable of directly diagnosis. He then bases all his claims off of these findings that have been discredited but pretty much all scientists in his field.

So, needless to say, not a fan so far!

I got to listen to Dr Klaper who of course is great, Dr Furhman, and Brenda Davis. I missed Dr Greger and will make a point of catching his replay!
The Brightline woman was on, I don't remember enough to be specific, but I remember not agreeing with her advice
Ocean was discussing Permutter. I guess he's eased up on grains other than wheat :ignore:

I've listened most every year. Cory Booker was so very amazing and so educated on animal advocacy., It's such a damn shame he can't break out and start a real movement to end animal farming!

I don't know what happened to John Robbins. His books played such a big part in my conversion