Forums where you must be vegan to join?

HaplessHeather

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Years ago, there was a forum where you had to be vegan to join. I believe it might have been the Vegan Freak Forums. You placed a registration request, then you had to type a few detailed paragraphs telling about yourself, how long you'd been vegan, and your commitment to veganism. A moderator would read your post and approve you for membership. You could not be vegetarian or considering veganism - you had to be vegan. No posts debating the validity of veganism were allowed.

Do any forums like this currently exist?

I have a feeling that this question may be upsetting to some people. Please, don't be upset! The rationale was, there were many forums available online where people of all dietary practices could discuss the prospect of veganism, but this was the ONE and ONLY forum online exclusively for vegans. If nothing like it exists anymore, I sure wish it would come back!

I personally don't know of a forum as strict as the one you mention.

I think the forum you are on now, vegan forum, is not far off that and makes it clear in the title. Most vegan forums oppose debating the validity of veganism to a greater or lesser extent, whether through moderation or members jumping in, or strictly or not so strictly.