Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A couple of you (@Captain Caveman @Dropkick ) have mentioned slow page loads.

Is this a common problem? Or just limited to a few users? And for those who are affected, are you on particularly slow connections? Is it a problem that you started noticing recently, or something that has been going on for a while?

Just wanting to find out a bit more about the problem before I do anything drastic.

BTW, if typing in the reply box is slow, or loads slowly, you might consider turning off the rich text editor in your preferences. The drawback is that you'll then have to write the mark-up codes for smilies and text formatting. (URLs can still be posted without any mark-up though - this will be added automatically for URLs.) If you find that you need the rich text editor in a particular post, it can be turned on on a case-by-case basis by clicking the little link underneath the box ("Use Rich Text Editor").

I'm relegated to using Opera Classic browser on my Android 2.1, and it can be pretty slow at times, but particularly this site can be fairly slow, it's not every time i visit this site, just occasionally.

I also have Opera Mini and UC Mini browsers which are certainly faster than Opera Classic, but the reply box seems to vanish when i have used UC Mini.

I'm on a slow connection (dial-up).
I think the problem is either with my ISP or my computer as I wasn't having this problem until a week or so ago.
I might have a virus (I did something stupid and installed an unsecured downloaded program - tried to back out part way through, but... stupid)

Reasonably fine for me, and I am currently accessing the forum from China, which normally does not guarantee for very high speeds.

Thank you to all who replied!
I'm relegated to using Opera Classic browser on my Android 2.1, and it can be pretty slow at times, but particularly this site can be fairly slow, it's not every time i visit this site, just occasionally.
Wow, Android 2.1, that is even worse than mine.

I also have Opera Mini and UC Mini browsers which are certainly faster than Opera Classic, but the reply box seems to vanish when i have used UC Mini.
Have you tried turning off the Rich Text Editor? (See the first post of this thread.) The "bare-bones" editor might be easier for non-standard browsers to display.

Opera though, that is something to consider. Good point.