US Florida-Major fundraiser backs marijuana bill

ledboots

Peace
Reaction score
There is a medical marijuana bill in committee in the Florida State Senate. This one has a chance of passage, and now has a very powerful backer. :)

----
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...gan-to-lead-pot-initiative-in-florida/2109431
John Morgan, a major fundraiser for President Barack Obama and the boss of former Gov. Charlie Crist, is taking the reins of a Florida medical marijuana initiative, promising to pump major money and political muscle into the popular issue.

Morgan, a top Florida trial lawyer based in Orlando, said he's ready to tap a network of donors and his personal bank account to get the measure in front of voters in 2014 as a proposed constitutional amendment.
"I can get the money. I have the money. I will be joined by people with money who will help," Morgan said. "I've been very fortunate in life, and I can make it happen."
---'-'
About the bill
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories...ijuana-bill-introduced-in-Florida-Legislature

I have heard television interviews about this issue and the "experts" agree that this is a LONG way from passing. Too many ultra-conservatives in power. And as SB posted, they are trying to make bongs illegal. I honestly don't know of ANYONE who smokes weed in a bong anymore.....
So stupid when much more important issues should be discussed.

I have heard television interviews about this issue and the "experts" agree that this is a LONG way from passing. Too many ultra-conservatives in power. And as SB posted, they are trying to make bongs illegal. I honestly don't know of ANYONE who smokes weed in a bong anymore.....
So stupid when much more important issues should be discussed.
:wave:

Reactions: Chryssie
I admit that "back in the day" when I did such things.... the bong was the method of choice. Today's new "tokers' seem to prefer those disgusting blunts. Maybe they should ban CIGARS! :D
No tobacco for me, thanks. :)
I actually prefer vaping, but I still use my bong once in a while. xD

When I was in college, my bf smoked from a pipe. Just a regular pipe, like for tobacco. My next bf made joints with regular cigarette rolling papers. I never did get the hang of using a bong. Too complicated for me, lol. After learning to smoke a pipe and joints, a bong was just too fussy.

They can make bongs illegal, but can they also make tobacco pipes, rolling papers, and brownies illegal? Doubt it.

It looks like the medical marijuana bill is going to die in committee, but that rich lawyer is gathering signatures for a medical marijuana state constitutional amendment, to be voted on directly by the people in 2014.

Last poll I saw in Florida was 70% pro- medical marijuana. It has to pass with a 60 percent majority to be enacted.