Firsts- (1st for you or those close to you)....

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
bmw-book_1446735a.gif

I just ate my very first piece of vegan quiche this evening... and I liked it... a lot. :) I don't know for sure if it was made with tofu, but if it was, it was the first time I've willingly eaten tofu since, hell, maybe my very early teens..? And I mean Tofutti frozen treats in NYC. LOL :rolleyes: I had tofu LONG before that, in dishes, and absolutely hated it. That quiche was damn tasty, though. What I liked was that the consistency was sort of eggy but it didn't taste like it... until I heated it up. It got a little weird at first, then I realized, I kind of miss eggs. In some respect. In the back of my mind has be hovering the desire for an egg salad sandwich. I never made my sh*t with mayo, only ranch... and plenty of crunchy onion & celery.... oh, man.... **drool**

But I think I've got my fix for now. I don't miss meat products at ALL, and have no wish to supplement them with "analogs".... but if I can work out a way to replace eggs in cooking NON-egg-based dishes, that would be cool. I'm not planning on buying any tofu, myself... yet. I'd rather leave it to the ones who've prepared it professionally many times before and know what the hell they're doing with it. :p

For now, I'm going to concentrate (soon) on making my very first egg rolls/veggie spring rolls/ veggie dumplings/whatever! And I bought my very first head of red cabbage today. LOL :D

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Also, Boris (the 15-year-old, formerly obese, three-legged cat of my dear friend, Jerry), for the first time in AGES, stayed downstairs on the couch with Jer until 6AM last night... even JUMPED up to the back of the couch & stayed there.
The old boy is gettin' his spring back! :jump: And it's amazing to witness!

Last edited:
I fear I am too old and angst ridden to have any more firsts. :cry: Lol

^^^ Hang in there, Karen!

I made chili last night. I just used pinto beans, red onion, potatoes(!), salt-free chili powder, and vegetable oil. This is the first time I made chili without tomatoes and liked it. Come to think of it, it's also the first time I made chili with red onion (instead of the more usual yellow or white).

'course, I can always add some canned tomatoes if I want to...

^^^ Hang in there, Karen!

I made chili last night. I just used pinto beans, red onion, potatoes(!), salt-free chili powder, and vegetable oil. This is the first time I made chili without tomatoes and liked it. Come to think of it, it's also the first time I made chili with red onion (instead of the more usual yellow or white).

'course, I can always add some canned tomatoes if I want to...
If no tomatoes what was the stuff that the beans, onion and potato swam in?

I tried the Beast Burger from Beyond Meat. Didn't remind of me of meat, which was a surprise.
It had garlicky bits throughout, and had that grilled taste. I thought it okay, but nothing I'd get again. I guess I just don't care for burgers like that anymore-I was wondering, now I know.
I had it with grilled onions, just mayo and nooch on wheat toast

But I think I've got my fix for now. I don't miss meat products at ALL, and have no wish to supplement them with "analogs".... but if I can work out a way to replace eggs in cooking NON-egg-based dishes, that would be cool
We have stuff like this downunder ....its an aussie product , certain there would be similar in the USof A .

No Egg™ Egg Replacer - Orgran

I have a first! I have a first! I'm so excited!

New and improved version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom L.
Wow, I can't think of a single thing I have done for the first time recently lol. Is my life that repetitive?

Reactions: KLS52
I fear I am too old and angst ridden to have any more firsts. :cry: Lol
Well, that is sad! Let go of the angst, it's a waste of time! You never used to be angsty (is that a word?) Is it the politics thing? If so, let it go. It doesn't matter.

"Live in Joy, In love,
Even among those who hate.

Live in joy, In health,
Even among the afflicted.

Live in joy, In peace,
Even among the troubled.

Look within. Be still.
Free from fear and attachment,
Know the sweet joy of living in the way.

~

There is no fire like greed,
No crime like hatred,
No sorrow like separation,
No sickness like hunger of heart,
And no joy like the joy of freedom.

Health, contentment and trust
Are your greatest possessions,
And freedom your greatest joy.

Look within. Be still.
Free from fear and attachment,
Know the sweet joy of living in the way.

from the Dhammapada, Words of the Buddha

@ledboots...politics is a small part. Lots of complex life issues. I'm working on it...see my post above, haha.