First page first

VeganAnon

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Being fairly new, trying to look at some older pages and when there are over a hundred pages, I think more relevant to start at the last and go back as needed. But it always starts me on page 1. Not sure if easy code/fix but maybe start at the latest page when clicking on a thread?

Being fairly new, trying to look at some older pages and when there are over a hundred pages, I think more relevant to start at the last and go back as needed. But it always starts me on page 1. Not sure if easy code/fix but maybe start at the latest page when clicking on a thread?

If you click onto the title, you do get the 1 st page. However, you can also click onto the last one directly. You can also see the titles and underneath the boxes with the number of pages and you can hence just click onto the last page. :)

Reactions: Emma JC
If you click onto the title, you do get the 1 st page. However, you can also click onto the last one directly. You can also see the titles and underneath the boxes with the number of pages and you can hence just click onto the last page. :)
Oh I noticed just this is the suggestions page and suggestion was to start at the last page :p Plus while my OCD is really mild, starting at page one....I want to read the next 149 pages.

Also if you have been thru the thread but then someone adds something and you open the thread , you do go directly to the new post.

I was actually about to make a similar suggestion...I usually navigate to threads via the Latest Posts, New Posts, or What's new menus and usually land on the first page of a thread. Obviously someone navigating from those menus is interested in what's new so it should land us on the last page.

This isn't an option - at least for me - on mobile. And from the Latest Posts list on the main page it isn't an option on desktop either.

I was actually about to make a similar suggestion...I usually navigate to threads via the Latest Posts, New Posts, or What's new menus and usually land on the first page of a thread. Obviously someone navigating from those menus is interested in what's new so it should land us on the last page.

This isn't an option - at least for me - on mobile. And from the Latest Posts list on the main page it isn't an option on desktop either.
No, you have to click on the title first, then the last page.

Clicking the thread titles will take you to the first post in the thread that you haven't yet read. I.e. the first unread post - the first post that is new to you.

The little page number boxes are not displayed on smartphones in "portrait" mode, but if you flip the phone over on the side ("landscape" mode) they will appear. The reason is that there just isn't enough space on the page in portrait mode, or the pages would become very crowded, ugly and hard to use.

• Informative
Reactions: Sax
Clicking the thread titles will take you to the first post in the thread that you haven't yet read. I.e. the first unread post - the first post that is new to you.

That doesn't work consistently for me. I'm guessing that relies on browser cookies and my browser settings don't save cookies between sessions.

The little page number boxes are not displayed on smartphones in "portrait" mode, but if you flip the phone over on the side ("landscape" mode) they will appear.

I didn't know that. That's about the same level of mildly annoying as clicking into the first page and then going to the last page. It just makes sense to me that the latest posts/what's new menus would land you on the last page. I know that means some people would have to click back a page or two in high-activity threads but they could use the new posts menu instead....or just check the forum more often ;)