finally found a vegan crouton! 🙏

miltonchicago

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
if people think all vegans eat is salads then why is it so hard to find a darn vegan crouton!!! my local kroger has like 30 croutons and all have butter flavor or milk in them. it's insane. found this brand kooshy croutons kooshy.com here in IL at my fresh thyme and they're delicious and vegan. they even had a sweet crouton and a spicy chile and lime that i just tried in taco salad. idk why it was so hard crouton makers!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52 and silva
if people think all vegans eat is salads then why is it so hard to find a darn vegan crouton!!! my local kroger has like 30 croutons and all have butter flavor or milk in them. it's insane. found this brand kooshy croutons kooshy.com here in IL at my fresh thyme and they're delicious and vegan. they even had a sweet crouton and a spicy chile and lime that i just tried in taco salad. idk why it was so hard crouton makers!!!!

I love croutons also and am lucky enough to have no flavour ones in my grocery store and they are called Stuffing Croutons - can't get them all the time as they are primarily for making turkey stuffing, so when I see them I buy an extra bag or two and keep them cool and they last a long time as there is no oil etc. Di Manno is the name of the company here in Ontario. I like them as a snack.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
I had the same trouble with croutons, too. but I gave up on them. And I'm not looking back but I may check out the crouton aisle on my next shopping trip and report back.

Instead I've found two products as replacements. and I like them even better.
Right now I have Wonton strips which are what you might find on a Chinese chicken salad. If you miss Chinese chicken salad you can add some fried tofu. my favorite salad dressings are sort of oriental as well - it works out. I just checked the ingredients and its vegan.

I get the Fresh Gourmet at the grocery store but they are easy enough to make at home.

The other one I like is Tortilla strips. not sure I've seen them in a tortilla salad but they work well in my salads. I don't have any at home so I can't double check but I think they are totally vegan.

I get the Fresh Gormet brand at the grocery store and you can also make them at home.

You can also make your own croutons.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
Right? !
I have a Fresh Thyme and will check them out
Aldi sometimes has them, and twice the price--but are organic :shrug:

And yeah,we know how to make them 🙄

Honestly though, just torn up bread is really good--Panzanella

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou