Fellow vegetarians and vegans, your help is needed!

damqnak

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been a vegetarian for two years and when I was given the liberty of choosing my own dissertation topic for my final year of Undergraduate studies, I decided to choose something around the topic, since it has had such an amazing positive effect on my life. My whole family made the transition and since we've always enjoyed eating out, naturally we started exploring healthy eating cafes and restaurants.

However, there have been instances where people with us refused to visit such places, having absolutely no interest in experiencing/tasting something new. I found it interesting, since these were usually people who love eating, great taste, the culture and enjoyment of eating, various cuisines and so on. They simply did not associate those great experiences with venues offering vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dishes.

Given the rising popularity of exactly those places however, I reckon in a managerial point of view, there would be a battle in the future for those "non-believers" in terms of attracting them and shifting their attitude, together with the fight to keep the interest of loyal clients, or people trying to lead a certain lifestyle. My dissertation follows this context and my reasoning for reaching out to all of you is that I am passionate to find out about your personal thoughts/recommendations around the area, based on your own personal experiences, since I believe I must not be the only one having such thoughts!

In the end I hope, with all the gathered data, to come up with a strategy/framework for such venues to attract a wider range of customers. I would greatly appreciate if you spend 10 minutes of your time to take part in my survey! Here is the link:

MARKETING FOR HEALTHIER EATING CONSUMER CHOICES – A STUDY ON THE DIFFERENT ISSUES RESTAURANTS AND CAFES FACE AGAINST FAST FOOD CULTURE Survey

Thank you for your time!

Absolutely, after I have submitted my final draft, I will make sure to share parts of it with the community here, as I have also conducted interviews with owners of vegetarian and vegan restaurants, findings of which may be interesting to some forum members.

I struggled with that questionnaire. It refers to 'healthy eating' restaurants that offer veg*an options.

That means that we are talking about places that primarily cater for omnis with veg*ans being a secondary consideration?

As regards marketing non vegan food, meat and dairy, to omnis as 'healthy eating': First, it isn't. Second, there is nothing that omnis want to hear more than that meat and dairy is healthy food anyway.

Basicaly too many questions in that survey are tilted in a "do/would omnis have a problem with being told that omni food is healthy?" direction.

What was it about ?[emoji14]
It was an odd question, paraphrasing here, something like "should managers of [restaurants catering to vegan/healthy/gluten free] have to keep up with food trends and offer dishes with them, such as chia seeds?"

It made me laugh because of the odd goopiness of chia seeds, and picturing the manager "What the hell are these and what do we do with them?"

It was an odd question, paraphrasing here, something like "should managers of [restaurants catering to vegan/healthy/gluten free] have to keep up with food trends and offer dishes with them, such as chia seeds?"

It made me laugh because of the odd goopiness of chia seeds, and picturing the manager "What the hell are these and what do we do with them?"

Well the manager would normally hand them down to the chef !!!:D

Reactions: ledboots