Favorite veggie restaurant going "flexitarian"

yakherder

老外
Reaction score
Perhaps favorite isn't the right word. There are many restaurants I like more, but a vegetarian buffet chain with multiple locations around Montreal is quite convenient so I go there a lot. But Le Commensal has been advertising that they now intend to include chicken, fish, and shrimp in the buffet.

Now I'm not going to criticize them too much for it I guess. It is a business after all, and though the original owner and customer base were vegetarians, it has since been sold and become popular enough that the majority of the customers do not define themselves as vegetarian, and in fact have indicated on surveys that they want meat options.

I'll probably still eat there, though not nearly as frequently. I'm just somewhat disappointed :/ And amused at the same time at their liberal use of the meaningless term flexitarian in their ads lol.

How disappointing :(

I find it even more ethically abhorrent when companies who were once veggie or cruelty free introduce cruelty into their business. I will buy vegan cosmetics at shops that also sell non-vegan cosmetics, but I won't use The Body Shop whose products are cruelty-free but who are now owned by L'Oreal. I prefer to remove my business altogether. It sounds stupid but that's my weird logic :)

How disappointing :(

I find it even more ethically abhorrent when companies who were once veggie or cruelty free introduce cruelty into their business. I will buy vegan cosmetics at shops that also sell non-vegan cosmetics, but I won't use The Body Shop whose products are cruelty-free but who are now owned by L'Oreal. I prefer to remove my business altogether. It sounds stupid but that's my weird logic :)

Makes sense to me. Encourage the cruel ones to provide cruelty-free options, punish the ones that take a step backwards :p Especially after they make such a big deal out of how they're against animal cruelty.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Eating there and continuing to order Veg*n food will hopefully show them the demand is still there, rather than leaving altogether, because at the end of a days trading all theyll see is 50 omni meals V 25 veg*n meals sold..or whatever you know?

Reactions: ledboots
Ugh, we need more cruelty-free options, not fewer. That's very disappointing.

Reactions: thefadedone