Favorite Vegan magazine (online or not)

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I know we have had threads on favorite blogs, YouTube Chanels and such.
But I don't think we have had a favorite magazine thread.

so here it is

My first entry is Eating Well.

Not a vegan magazine, in fact I think they avoid using the word "vegan".
However they have lots of other stuff that is worth looking at. Also its easy enough to veganize a vegetarian or Mediterranean meal.

It used to be a real printed magazine but its now just online. the line between a blog and an online magazine is getting very blurry. I think this one counts as a magazine because it used to be printed. I've seen this sort of thing happen in other categories. Where a magazine fails but they keep the online version going.

I have used quite a few of its recipes. they are also very much into slide shows. Slide shows are good way for a site to increase the amount of ads they can present to you. but they don't put more than an ad or two on a page. Plus, their slide shows have this great feature called "View All" which allows the viewer to see a snapshot of all the slides on one page. You can hover your mouse on the thumbnail to see the title of the slide.

Check it out.

It's been a long time since I have read any magazines, largely because I still don't understand Swedish very well. Before I moved here, I used to get Computer Music magazine regularly for the free software disc but being online now, I no longer need it. I suppose any down-to-earth art magazine would suit me if I could find one here. I remember Leisure Painter was a good one you could get in the UK.
Oh! I meant vegan magazines. I guess I should have been more clear.

I don't get any magazines anymore. I still have an online subscription to the New Yorker and The Atlantic.

Oh! I meant vegan magazines. I guess I should have been more clear.

I don't get any magazines anymore. I still have an online subscription to the New Yorker and The Atlantic.
Sorry, I removed the post having seen that it was in the category "veganism". I need to wake up!

I love veganinja VegaNinja , Thrive, and Forks Over Knives - which has great recipes.
I never have heard of VegaNinja. Was very surprised that it could exist without me knowing about it. so I clicked on your link. Ha! its all in Hungarian. thinking there may be a joke in there somewhere: The Hungry Vegan?

Reactions: Lou
It's an online guide (see description) and not a magazine. They certainly do diffuse a lot
of highly interesting information, that we also post on the Vegan News section.:cool:
Blogs, Guides, Online Magazines, Web sites.
the lines between them are blurred (Cue Blurred Lines)
There probably are definitions or boxes to check but in this case I feel that we don't need to be that particular or specific. for now, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....
Besides do we need 4 different threads.

I have another "guide" to nominate but just now I checked and it IS a magazine. They even have a print version.

Its often used here for a source of Veg News. It may be the most often used source for news.

I know we have had threads on favorite blogs, YouTube Chanels and such.
But I don't think we have had a favorite magazine thread.

so here it is
My favourite magazines: Dogs Today, Wag, Vegan Life, Animals and You, Animal Action, Your Dog, Dogs Monthly, Healthy (the Holland and Barrett), the Boots magazine, the Cats Protection one and Animal Outrage (the Animal Aid magazine).

• Wow
Reactions: Lou